Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best programming language to study regarding market right now

Options
  • 20-06-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I was wondering what the best language to study would be right now with regards what kind of developer is being sought after right now?
    would it be java? c#? .NET??
    I have some java experience but want to branch out.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

C# and .NET are the same thing. It's C#.NET and VB.NET, both use the .NET framework.

In my experience as a recent job seeker, there are heaps of jobs going for .NET and Java/J2EE developers.

Less so for PHP developers unfortunately...

Most of the graduate/junior jobs that I was applying for weren't too concerned about whether I knew I particular programming language or not, more whether I had a solid enough foundation that I could learn the language easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

thanks for the reply Dave..what sites do you mainly use?
    desperately trying to get out of a support role and into a developer role

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Monster.ie is pretty much the only one I was checking daily.

I'd also suggest you register with a few agencies. I got 4 or 5 interviews through agencies, and they were very helpful.

Though in the end the job I got was advertised by the company directly on Monster!

CPL were the best agency in my experience.

Advertisement