If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New telly for family room required.

Options
  • 20-06-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

I'm looking for something to fill the corner of our family room.
    Max size is 42" and don't want to drop below 37".
    Doesn't necessarily need to be Saorview compatible as there'll be a Sky box going into it, but it'd be nice.
    Never had a plasma, so don't know whether they'd suit or not, especially with the gaming.

All it definitely has to have is a minimum of 100Hz refresh rate. Had a 50Hz not too long ago, actually just before I bought the 9705 from ye, and it just didn't seem right to me.

So what do ye have for me guys? Harvey Norman's have a sale on next door to me here, and I'd hate to give them my money!;)

P.S. It was my birthday last week, and I'm due to be a dad again in 2 weeks time, so a John special wouldn't go amiss!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Soarer

Happy belated Birthday to you and I hope all goes well for you in a couple of weeks with the new arrival:)

I'd hate for you to spend in Harvey Normans as well esp as we (or Richer Sounds) can do you a great price on a TV.

How about the smaller version of your 46PFL9705, the 40PFL9705H
    Here's the spec sheet but as you are familiar with its bigger bro the only thing that will interest you is the dimensions...
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40pfl9705h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV can be yours for only €999 with free delivery to your goodself
    This is a dynamite bargain.....

How does that sound??

If you'd like something a little lower down the price range just send me a budget to play with and I'll see what I can come up with.
    Or if you have a particular Brand/model in mind let us know and we'll give you a great price

have a good one

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hi Ash.

I knew there was something I forgot in the first post...money!
    Mrs. Soarer has put a limit of €400 on this set. The fact that it was she recommended we get a tv for that room floored me, so I'm not gonna push her on the budget! If it's worth the money though, I'll pay a bit extra and hide the credit card bill....just like the 46pfl9705! ;)

I know the Philips stuff is higher up the pricerange, so I was wondering if the RS lads had an LG or Sammy lying around that suits.

Should've also mentioned I'll consider ex demo models as long as they're in good nick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Soarer.

It's going to be tight to get a 100Hz model to fit into the budget.

The best one that I could offer would be the LG 37LE5900.

This is a 100Hz LED that does work with saorview and is a very nice TV.

It comes in at £479.95 which comes in around 560 Euro and delivery would be 15.99 Euro.

There are lots of other cheaper models than this but they are 50Hz.

I hope this helps but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave.

I think I'll have to forget about the 100Hz I'd say. That set is way above budget.
    What would your best of the rest be, for less than £400?

Not to worry Dave, have decided to go with one from Amazon.
    Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

<Snip>

PM sent! ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

As the OP''s query has been answered, I'm closing this thread.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.