Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TY 2011/12 OFF-TOPIC Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

MarkD09 wrote: »
    Already? D:

Half day on Wednesdays, no? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Nope :( but meh not in school so not worried :L

:eek:

I thought all schools had a half-day every Wednesday?

FYG wrote: »

:eek:

I thought all schools had a half-day every Wednesday?

Nope out of the three schools in the town I go to school, none of us do :L
    In other news my laptop got taken away for 2-3 weeks today for repair, So now I'm really considering getting battlefield 3 on the weekend, coz my laptop used to keep me sane after school, now I'll have to use my phone :( and I live in the sticks so can't go out on weekdays </3
    Poor me.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Paulor94

Since when do people have wednesdays half-day? is it only for 4th year or is it any year? do you stay in longer if it is true?

• Advertisement

Paulor94 wrote: »
    Since when do people have wednesdays half-day? is it only for 4th year or is it any year? do you stay in longer if it is true?

As far as I know it's just some schools and it's all years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

In my school we have half days every wednesday from 1st year to 6th year, but in 4th year this year we do work experience on wednesday, so we dont have school at all. :o

All years. Finish 3:45 every day and 1:15 on a Wednesday.

Lads, Im going to this like Halloween party/camp thingymajiggy like a week or two, and you need to wear a costume :rolleyes:
    Im idea-lesss :o
    Hellpppp :pac:

Indiego wrote: »
    Lads, Im going to this like Halloween party/camp thingymajiggy like a week or two, and you need to wear a costume :rolleyes:
    Im idea-lesss :o
    Hellpppp :pac:

Hawhaw I'm going to one too but it's not on Halloween :L but yeah I'm dressing up as a banana :D

• Advertisement

Hawhaw I'm going to one too but it's not on Halloween :L but yeah I'm dressing up as a banana :D

Mines not on halloween, but i cant remember the date :pac:

A banana? :pac: :pac:
    Thats actually hilarious :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Superwoman obvs

superwoman.jpg

Superwoman obvs

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

My school gets half days on Wednesdays too - Shane, you must be so jelly :cool:

SChique00 wrote: »
    My entire school gets a half day EVERY Wednesday - Shane, you must be so jelly :cool:

We are all jealous of your private school, with its trips, rowing teams, extra teachers, fancy computers and decent facilities...
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Naaaah :P

5th and 6th years aren't timetable for last class on a Tuesdays so get finished at 3.05 but we are time tabled for activities the whole afternoon so we get finished around 3 depending on what were doing :D

Indiego wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    You asked for ideas...

Yay just found out my mam will be away with two of her friends during the party and Halloween night so this is just mega success :D
    And just dress up as a slutty school girl. Wear your uniform only slutify it. Simples.

And just dress up as a slutty school girl. Wear your uniform only slutify it. Simples.

I did that last year :pac:
    Thinking about either a cheerleader, or my friend wants us to go as batman and catwoman :pac:

Go as lesbians. That would be funny... Coz everyone knows you're closested hawhaw... ok I have to be nice to you now sorry :)

• Advertisement

Go as lesbians. That would be funny... Coz everyone knows you're closested hawhaw... ok I have to be nice to you now sorry :)

Bahahaha nooo :L
    Im not going with a girl, so that would be a bit of an epic fail :pac:

You're never nice to me :L

We are all jealous of your private school, with its trips, rowing teams, extra teachers, fancy computers and decent facilities...
    :(

WTH? Rowing teams? You've been watching too much English telly :P and we've only got forty odd teachers, middling computers and facilities like everywhere else (perhaps even less, because the government pays for all your stuff to be top-notch and up to date :pac:) so think twice before you say that again :p:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Private Schools get money off the government too...

Talking about a lesbian... there was a girl who went to my local... eh disco... and she done herself up exactly like Justin bieber to get the shift off loads of girls coz she was scared to come out but then her friend told everyone and yeah... :L

Talking about a lesbian... there was a girl who went to my local... eh disco... and she done herself up exactly like Justin bieber to get the shift off loads of girls coz she was scared to come out but then her friend told everyone and yeah... :L

Bahahahhahahahaa
    Thats such a fail... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Most days at our school are "half days"... teachers don't check the attendance list. Or, at least not in the usual totilitarian way they usually do.

Mark that is crazy. Judging by discos, it seems approx. 89% of all Irish teens are ****ing sluts. Seriously.

Private Schools get money off the government too...

Yeah, for courses and programmes and shizz, but equipment and furniture are largely paid for through fees :pac:

Naah... It's mostly just sluts that go to the discos, you see not everybody goes to them :D

Naah... It's mostly just sluts that go to the discos, you see not everybody goes to them :D
    All the best looking ones dont go to them i notice

• Advertisement

SChique00 wrote: »
    Yeah, for courses and programmes and shizz, but equipment and furniture are largely paid for through fees :pac:

So? Schooling a child costs about €4000 in a public school, private schools get teachers wages paid by state and you pay €5-6 grand. A system designed to keep Prods happy without making a secular education system has turned into state funding of privilege.

All the best looking ones dont go to them i notice

I know loads who go and dont bother getting any mauls. So odd. Women :rolleyes:

Disco is just.. go to disco, get locked, get the shift. For the record I never went to any ****ebag disco I just left the getting locked and getting the shift for other places and times :L

I know loads who go and dont bother getting any mauls. So odd. Women :rolleyes:
    True, true. Love whining too. I don't actually know a girl with a "good" good (you know, like a real comedian) sense of humour, which kinda sucks.

Disco is just.. go to disco, get locked, get the shift. For the record I never went to any ****ebag disco I just left the getting locked and getting the shift for other places and times :L

tbh I actually think their good craic :o
    though I like got molested by the door man on results night cos he thought I was Tryna sneak something in XD

Sarah! I will start my diet tomorrow so, for good. :)

Stage One: 29th September - 23rd December. Lose fat.
    Break One: 24th December - 31st December. Enjoy.
    Stage Two: 1st January. Strengthen up.

• Advertisement

Sarah! I will start my diet tomorrow so, for good. :)

[SIZE="1"]Stage One: 29th September - 23rd December. Lose fat.
    Break One: 24th December - 31st December. Enjoy.
    Stage Two: 1st January. Strengthen up.[/SIZE]

Break one... Perfect dates.. You'll put on like half what you lost :D Don't try to prevent it.. Christmas dinner should not be fcuked with!

Break one... Perfect dates.. You'll put on like half what you lost :D Don't try to prevent it.. Christmas dinner should not be fcuked with!

Going to just try and eat what I would normally eat at Christmas, as that should seem like a lot of **** at that stage, after being of it for three months. :P

I hope! :o

Food is one of the many great things that happens during the Christmas holidays.. and there's like a never ending supply of it. Last year we had a massive turkey with the relations and there was still enough for a few sandwiches, mini Christmas dinner the next day, curry with turkey the next day, and sweet and sour the next! Come to think of it though I think there was a mix up and two turkeys were bought :L

Food is one of the many great things that happens during the Christmas holidays.. and there's like a never ending supply of it. Last year we had a massive turkey with the relations and there was still enough for a few sandwiches, mini Christmas dinner the next day, curry with turkey the next day, and sweet and sour the next! Come to think of it though I think there was a mix up and two turkeys were bought :L

Turkey is over-rated!

Going to just try and eat what I would normally eat at Christmas, as that should seem like a lot of **** at that stage, after being of it for three months. :P

I hope! :o

Yeah same, I don't like to think I overdo it as I can barely manage 2 selection boxes by myself (can you believe they're in Tesco already?) and I don't eat that much for Christmas dinner - the usual, turkey, stuffing, the bit o' spud and some veg (not forgetting the gravy).
    The tins of Roses will be tricky to resist, however - you don't notice how much you've eaten until you go to get up and wade through an ankle deep pile of wrappers :o

• Advertisement

I almost got in a fight today with a lad.... Over music :pac:
    And like were pretty good friends :L

I almost got in a fight today with a lad.... Over music :pac:
    And like were pretty good friends :L

Does he not like eminem or something? :pac:

He goes to one lad, Aaawh have ya heard David guettas new album? Like it's the best thing since slice pan, so I must intervene. I say, he's ****e. He says how? he's deadly. Then I say ( heard this one in soundtrack to your angst) hardly hes all just herpity derpity pop music. then he says no he's not what would you know you listen to ****e, then I said Sure just the other day you were telling ms halloran you love eminem? Then basically it escalated to him and me calling eachother names then he said I'll bait bla bla then he pushed me, I pushed him back, and he said **** off and walked away.. Hawhaw David guetta :rollseyes:

I am so ****ing pissed off right now!

Confide in me.

I kinda enjoy mock fights :p I'd never throw a punch however

Just fell down the stairs =_=
    Owww :(

Butttt, I just finished my BT Young Scientis App, So Im happyhappyhappy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Best song ever watch the whole video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE

I kinda enjoy mock fights :p I'd never throw a punch however

Never ever ever ever? What if somebody threw the first? I've got involve in two or three before but never anything really serious where blood was involved :pac:
    Oh and LMFAO is Herpity derpity pop too :L

Confide in me.

I just lost 100 euro!

• Advertisement
Advertisement