Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TY 2011/12 OFF-TOPIC Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Britney Spears, obvs

OMG totallliiiii I'm loike her BIGGEST fan she's amazzzin SUCH an inspiration and a gr8 role model yanknooo? I shaved mah hair 2 b just loike her :p

I hate anything rappy, hiphoppy, or manufactured, á la every boy/girl band or new young singer or X Factor winner out there. I like Girls Aloud though :)

Yes, same here. Whilst Richard and Jeremy get to cruise in their amazing Mercedes and Ferrari models, May is left straggling behind. :( In the episode where they raced against the Germans, he somewhat falters behind in some blue vehicle. (Can't remember make or model.) :D That is so unfair although it's the same in my house. It is seen as a sin in Irish society for a girl to have an interest in motoring. :mad: I wanted something (anything) to have to drive other than my parents' cars but as per usual, not allowed to. I LOVE TOP GEAR, it's getting me through the Summer. :rolleyes:

Yes but don't forget, he CHOOSES to be slow, hence his fantastic nickname :D.
    I got a good long driving lesson off my neighbour yesterday in his car; learned the basics of reversing, reversing round corners, hill starts and accelerating while balancing the clutch. Was delighted with myself actually! :rolleyes:

I'm buying a car to practise in once I do the theory test in a couple of weeks. You can get ones at 50 or 100 squidoos; why not get one for yourself? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

SChique00 wrote: »
    Yes but don't forget, he CHOOSES to be slow, hence his fantastic nickname :D.
    I got a good long driving lesson off my neighbour yesterday in his car; learned the basics of reversing, reversing round corners, hill starts and accelerating while balancing the clutch. Was delighted with myself actually! :rolleyes:

He does indeed, I suppose it's in sharp contrast to his let's say, peers, it makes him stand out brilliantly but I dislike his slow paced driving. :p That sounds class. :) The sheer thrill of driving! :D Luckily I live near a large landform :p , freefalling whilst in neutral is a nice experience.
    That is what I was hoping to do, trying to pursuade my parents is another matter. "You might kill yourself in something that's not roadworthy." Obviously this wouldn't happen. :P I'll get them to come around yet. :) I'm doing my Theory Test too in a month or so, should be fun. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Not all of us women are scizophrenic, just a blessed few, so put that in your pipe and smoke it :p
    but paranoid about themselves, yes :p!
    Ah but thing is I don't have a Mac, I have a HP :( what's Linux?
    a thing many OSs are based on :p

Hammond is fine..... well he was until he grew out his hair. Jeremy trumps them both though; I've got all of his books so far, great for a pick-me-up :D
    he's funny out. prick tho :p
    I looking through the threads for film production companies, or failing that, photography... :)

GL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Hair dye is In :) Wooo purple ^^

I hate anything rappy, hiphoppy, or manufactured, á la every boy/girl band or new young singer or X Factor winner out there. I like Girls Aloud though :)

I used to love Girls Aloud :p

Indiego wrote: »
    Hair dye is In :) Wooo purple ^^

Yay!!!:D

I'm getting highlights done this week, wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Eminem's not manufactured :(

but paranoid about themselves, yes :p!
    a thing many OSs are based on :phe's funny out. prick tho :p

GL!

Yes, he is without a doubt King Prick :cool:
    Again, don't understand the abbreviations??? What does GL mean???
    Yes, you have a point, but I'm better than most I think; I've developed a hard skin against the jokes over my height (4' 11" or something).

Here gotta go; Midsomer Murders beckons. Toodle-oo :p

• Advertisement

Yes, you have a point, but I'm better than most I think; I've developed a hard skin against the jokes over my height (4' 11" or something).

GL = Good Luck :)
    OMG that's like a metre and a half! Pocket sized :D

Midsomer Murders isn't that that country thing where everyone dies?

Ah cool :)
    You think that's bad? I got my feet measured for shoes the other week and I've actually gone down in size from a 4 to a 31/2 :eek: I think it's all the coffee I drank during the exams but then again none of the women in my family were incredibly tall - I'm counting on a miraculous growth spurt, even if I only grow to 5'5" or something :rolleyes:.
    Yeah, it is - I sort of got hooked on it when I was snowed in from school :D

Ah cool :)
    You think that's bad? I got my feet measured for shoes the other week and I've actually gone down in size from a 4 to a 31/2 :eek: I think it's all the coffee I drank during the exams but then again none of the women in my family were incredibly tall - I'm counting on a miraculous growth spurt, even if I only grow to 5'5" or something :rolleyes:.
    Yeah, it is - I sort of got hooked on it when I was snowed in from school :D
    Haha that's so cute. Must be dead awkward sometimes tho :pac:
    Get more calcium to build your bones :p bigger feet then maybe :D

Odd thing to get hooked on (I'm one to talk :pac:) :p

Yay!!!:D

I'm getting highlights done this week, wish me luck!

Omg yayy a fellow short person :D
    Im like 5'2 haha

GL with the highlights :)
    I wish highlights would suit me, but they always end up looking stripy, so i gave up on it XD
    However, I am now sporting dark purple hair instead of my light brown hair :D
    Delighted with how it turned out :pac:

Omg yayy a fellow short person :D
    Im like 5'2 haha

GL with the highlights :)
    I wish highlights would suit me, but they always end up looking stripy, so i gave up on it XD
    However, I am now sporting dark purple hair instead of my light brown hair :D
    Delighted with how it turned out :pac:

One day the 5'ers of this world will unite and destroy all intimidating tall people - we're closer to the ground so our heads aren't in the clouds; we'll think of something really intelligent to exterminate them all ;)
    Woooo! Are you left-handed too, because that would be awesome :D I am currently the only left-handed person I know :o.
    Yeah I'm a little worried about that, but a good rule of thumb is to never go two shades lighter; my hair's light brown too, so I reckon I should be okay. I'll probably take a reaction to the dye though, knowing my luck :(
    Dark purple sounds nice - is it permenant or semi? I was thinking about an all-over dye but my school's dead strict about hair(:mad:) and my hair grows REALLY SLLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLYYYYY :pac:; so we'll see.

Haha that's so cute. Must be dead awkward sometimes tho :pac:
    Get more calcium to build your bones :p bigger feet then maybe :D

Odd thing to get hooked on (I'm one to talk :pac:) :p

Well, sometimes, because I get child tickets in the cinema when my mates get adult ones, but at least I don't have to pay full rates! And I can get into ball pools and adventure centres and stuff because I'm under the maximum height (six-year-olds' parties ROCK) :D.

Please elaborate :p

One day the 5'ers of this world will unite and destroy all intimidating tall people - ; we'll think of something really intelligent to exterminate them all ;)
    Woooo! Are you left-handed too, because that would be awesome :D I am currently the only left-handed person I know :o.
    Yeah I'm a little worried about that, but a good rule of thumb is to never go two shades lighter; my hair's light brown too, so I reckon I should be okay. I'll probably take a reaction to the dye though, knowing my luck :(
    Dark purple sounds nice - is it permenant or semi? I was thinking about an all-over dye but my school's dead strict about hair(:mad:) and my hair grows REALLY SLLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLLLYYYYY :pac:; so we'll see.

Hahaha I like that.. 'we're closer to the ground so our heads aren't in the clouds'. i might use that to defend myself haha people always tell me not to trip over ladybirds ahahah XD

IM LEFT HANDED!! :eek: OMG hahaha XD

Yeah i got a crap hairdresser, and it was like bright blond :O

Its only semi, but it apperantly lasts like 2 months, and then ill just dye it again if i still like it :D

Awh you should try a semi permanant one, they just fade out gradually back to your natural colour, if you do it like right now it should be gone by school time XD XD

Please elaborate :p
    Its an awful show :p

Hahaha I like that.. 'we're closer to the ground so our heads aren't in the clouds'. i might use that to defend myself haha people always tell me not to trip over ladybirds ahahah XD

IM LEFT HANDED!! :eek: OMG hahaha XD

Yeah i got a crap hairdresser, and it was like bright blond :O

Its only semi, but it apperantly lasts like 2 months, and then ill just dye it again if i still like it :D

Awh you should try a semi permanant one, they just fade out gradually back to your natural colour, if you do it like right now it should be gone by school time XD XD

Yeah, it's my response to virtually any height-related insult now. Works on so many levels!

That is freaky - southpaws FTW!!!Do you like Harry Potter? That would be the ultimate clincher :eek:

Ah I see - you have to get the right hairdresser who actually listens otherwise you can be stuck with a brutal chop or colour :( My hairdresser's lovely though :)That's a lonnnnng time for a semi - if you like it that much you shouldn't let it fade out completely; keep topping it up so it doesn't turn out lavender :p.

Nah, I think I'll stick to the highlights for now, just to be on the safe side; my hair needs lightening up :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's my response to virtually any height-related insult now. Works on so many levels!

That is freaky - southpaws FTW!!!Do you like Harry Potter? That would be the ultimate clincher :eek:

Ah I see - you have to get the right hairdresser who actually listens otherwise you can be stuck with a brutal chop or colour :( My hairdresser's lovely though :)That's a lonnnnng time for a semi - if you like it that much you shouldn't let it fade out completely; keep topping it up so it doesn't turn out lavender :p.

Nah, I think I'll stick to the highlights for now, just to be on the safe side; my hair needs lightening up :D

I lovveee Harry Potter :O :O
    I cried at the last movie... My childhood is officially over tbh.. Though I prefer the books to the movies ^^'

Yeah, It wasnt too hard to fix though, i just died my hair a colour the same as my natural colour, and let it grow out haha XD
    Yeah, Im hoping my mam will let me keep it and not just let it fade :(

I lovveee Harry Potter :O :O
    I cried at the last movie... My childhood is officially over tbh.. Though I prefer the books to the movies ^^'

Yeah, It wasnt too hard to fix though, i just died my hair a colour the same as my natural colour, and let it grow out haha XD
    Yeah, Im hoping my mam will let me keep it and not just let it fade :(

Wooohooo! You know there's a documentary about JK on in like 10 minutes??? :D I wanted to cry but I couldn't because they all looked so flipping FUNNY in the epilogue - I think they should've gotten older actors for that bit. Yeah you're right; nothing beats the books, I'm rereading them all right now (on Chamber of Secrets).

Smart move - I may well end up doing that if the highlights don't work out! Just be really nice to her and do loads of jobs round the house, that kind of thing. Always works for me! :cool:

*whispers* I think shadow feels left out.... :p

Wooohooo! You know there's a documentary about JK on in like 10 minutes??? :D I wanted to cry but I couldn't because they all looked so flipping FUNNY in the epilogue - I think they should've gotten older actors for that bit. Yeah you're right; nothing beats the books, I'm rereading them all right now (on Chamber of Secrets).

Smart move - I may well end up doing that if the highlights don't work out! Just be really nice to her and do loads of jobs round the house, that kind of thing. Always works for me! :cool:

*whispers* I think shadow feels left out.... :p

Really?? What channel?
    I was so bummed last night, the pottormore website crashed XD XD

Yeah, i agree, Ron was sooooooooo hilarious looking, receeding hairline anddd a potbelly? :D Poor ron :pac:

Yeah, but see its more that she doesnt want a daughter with purple hair :o hahaha XD

*whispers* That is, if he is still here :o Ciaránnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn you thereeeeeeeeeeeee? :D

Herro girls :L

Herro girls :L

Herro o/

Still packing? :L

nope

• Advertisement

nope

Finally :rolleyes:

Still not packed tho :p

Still not packed tho :p

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee XD
    You suck at packing :pac:

Its a backpack like :pac: I have to carry it like. For 80K :pac:

SC, do you have any like celebrity/boy band/fantasy world obsession(s)?

• Advertisement

Its a backpack like :pac: I have to carry it like. For 80K :pac:

I know what its like.. I had to carry a mahoosiveee backpack up Carrauntoohill and Lugnaquilla in the same day -_- and then sleep 'under the stars' in like November, i.e Colddddddddddd hahaha

Hmm, well, whachas think?
    Its a good bit brighter irl, but ya get the idea :pac:

I like it :D
    I was supposed to be out at seven, but i have no lift fml. Ill only be out by half eight :(

MarkD09 wrote: »
    I like it :D
    I was supposed to be out at seven, but i have no lift fml. Ill only be out by half eight :(

Wooo :)

Out where? :L

Wooo :)

Out where? :L

Out with friends :L

I know what its like.. I had to carry a mahoosiveee backpack up Carrauntoohill and Lugnaquilla in the same day -_- and then sleep 'under the stars' in like November, i.e Colddddddddddd hahaha

awwwww
    Could look worse I suppose :p

Ouch :/

Out with friends :L

Ohh hahah that sucks that you have to get a lift :L
    Most of my friends live nearby-ish XD

SC, do you have any like celebrity/boy band/fantasy world obsession(s)?

Let's see.... well I love Ellen Page, she's my all time favourite actress because of Juno and Inception, and DiCaprio is a given *drool*:o, but a lot of people feel the same way so I wouldn't call that an obsession... that being said, a LOT of people are obsessed with Harry Potter (as am I; thinking of getting a wand off Amazon :D)...
    As for boy bands, I think they're all sh!te, and I don't think you can call either The Beatles or a-ha boy bands; both were genius collectives :cool:

No, I get obsessed with books.... like I'll read one and then think about it for ages afterwards and draw pictures of the characters and memorize passages. I've only done that with a few books though, the ones that I LOVE. :eek:

Do any of you guys read much? :D

Ohh hahah that sucks that you have to get a lift :L
    Most of my friends live nearby-ish XD

Culchie what can ya do :)

Eminem books :B

• Advertisement

Ouch :/

Well tbh i was expecting to be told i look like a knacker XD

Ill take that as a compliment :pac:

It looks really nice Leia! Purple suits you :D

Culchie what can ya do :)

Im pretty much a culchie too XD
    Fields on 3 sides of my house XD
    DiCaprio is a given *drool*:o,

+1
    XD

I used to read alot more than i do now, but i still read a good bit, which is probably still alottt compared to most people XD

Eminem books :B

Eminem writes books?:eek::eek:

It looks really nice Leia! Purple suits you :D

Thankks :D

Eminem writes books?:eek::eek:

Haha no, he wrote an autobiography, then i read others :L Although i read the harry potter series back in the day :)

Thankks :D

THANKS BUTTON IS THERE FOR A REASON.
    Banned.

Im pretty much a culchie too XD
    Fields on 3 sides of my house XD

+1
    XD

I used to read alot more than i do now, but i still read a good bit, which is probably still alottt compared to most people XD

High five I've got fields on 4 sides! I live in the arse end of nowhere though, it's a pain when you want to go out :mad:

I checked Pottermore :eek: I signed up to be notified ages ago! I'm gonna wait until midnight and look for the quill - I'm reread Chamber of Secrets so I'm good! :D

I'm the same, when I was 10 I would be able to have 5 books on the go at once, now I'm lucky if I get through 2 in a week :rolleyes: you're right though, I know people who can't stick reading...

Let's see.... well I love Ellen Page, she's my all time favourite actress because of Juno and Inception, and DiCaprio is a given *drool*:o, but a lot of people feel the same way so I wouldn't call that an obsession... that being said, a LOT of people are obsessed with Harry Potter (as am I; thinking of getting a wand off Amazon :D)...
    Yes you are obsessed! A wand!
    Di Caprio has such a wide face! lol

No, I get obsessed with books.... like I'll read one and then think about it for ages afterwards and draw pictures of the characters and memorize passages. I've only done that with a few books though, the ones that I LOVE. :eek:

Aww that's nice :D
    I read LOADS when I was in primary school :3

• Advertisement

THANKS BUTTON IS THERE FOR A REASON.
    Banned.

-_-

Advertisement