Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TY 2011/12 OFF-TOPIC Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Surely you mean to say "cool story bro"? The "bro" bit at the end changes everything!

No. I have my edge on it. Because it was genuineley a great story.
    Fcuk da fadzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

ima back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

ima back!

You never left XD hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

MarkD09 wrote: »
    I BOUGHT A VINYL EDITION OF RECOVERY TODAY MY LIFE IS MADE!
    Heh..
    Leigh how are you? Couldn't reply :)
    FYG (Fckit forget your name) why? :L
    Ninty heyah sxc boii
    Schique i'd say the same as ^ but you prob don't know me well enough to know i'm a fuuuur-eek.m (Ask Leah)

:D
    Jeebus, how much did a vinyl cost you? Wait, is it a proper "proper" vinyl?
    I've got vinyls, but they are from thr 60's/70's. They usually sound a lot more "raw", ie better, than the re-released stuff. I got to listen to The Doors: Vinyl Box Set, but I admit it wasn't mine. Awesome stuff though.

Off topic: Has anyone heard of Borderlands? No? Crap.

Mark don't you think that his older stuff was better? The Marshall Mathers LP is one of my favourite rap albums ever. Recovery was much better than Relapse, though.

Leigh how are you?

:D
    Proper Bo'.
    82860.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

I'm back too peoples! Boxing was fun but nothing beats talking to invisible peeps :D

I've got a whole box of records, some that I love and treasure dearly (my Police record, and my Limited Edition Thriller album :D) but others I enjoy torturing - I once melted my ma's Russ Abbot LP to make a cuff bracelet.... good times :p
    I'm itching for some new ones though - has anyone ever been to Freebird? Best record shop ever (not that I've been to many record shops :L)

SChique00 wrote: »
    I'm back too peoples! Boxing was fun but nothing beats talking to invisible peeps :D

I've got a whole box of records, some that I love and treasure dearly (my Police record, and my Limited Edition Thriller album :D) but others I enjoy torturing - I once melted my ma's Russ Abbot LP to make a cuff bracelet.... good times :p
    I'm itching for some new ones though - has anyone ever been to Freebird? Best record shop ever (not that I've been to many record shops :L)
    Hrmm. I always thought HMV was a bit like walking into the 60's, with all the hallucination-style pink lights.

Groovy, man!

Edit: Actually, it's more like the ascension into an Asian heaven. According to this picture

HK_Central_Building_HMV_Group_shop.jpg

Hrmm. I always thought HMV was a bit like walking into the 60's.

Groovy, man!

What HMV do you shop in? The one I frequent mainly has posters of Bieber and Perry plastered all over the walls, and greasy-haired college students.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Oh hey guys, I had no idea this was still going. So I've been skimming.
    Indiego wrote: »
    I'm ALWAYS convinved i've done rubbish in exams.. and its exactly the same this time (except maths, science, home ec and art- I pretty sure i did good in them :L)

I thought you missed the Home Ec written exam? :p or did I just imagine that?

I'm the exact same though, came out of pretty much every exam delighted, then when I came home every A turned to a B and every B to a C, and time only brings down grades. :p

• Advertisement

What HMV do you shop in? The one I frequent mainly has posters of Bieber and Perry plastered all over the walls, and greasy-haired college students.... :pac:
    The one in Sligo, of course! Though I only use it for boxsets for TV shows or films. Their music collection A) Was most likely in the top 10 charts at some point, and B) Usually stretches back as far as 1990.

Do you like Justine Bieber and Katy Perry? The correct answer is no and no, btw.

Slow Show wrote: »
    I'm ALWAYS convinved i've done rubbish in exams.. and its exactly the same this time (except maths, science, home ec and art- I pretty sure i did good in them :L)

I'm the exact same though, came out of pretty much every exam delighted, then when I came home every A turned to a B and every B to a C, and time only brings down grades. :p

I mean the practical things In home ec XD haha As far as I know i still get the grade for them haha

interesting.jpg

Now stfu about school.

interesting.jpg

Now stfu about school.

Oh my God how are you such a legend? Share your secrets of wisdom please.

Hrmm. I always thought HMV was a bit like walking into the 60's.

Groovy, man!

That HMV looks like it belongs right in the heart of Tokyo :eek: where is it???

The one in Sligo, of course! Though I only use it for boxsets for TV shows or films. Their music collection A) Was most likely in the top 10 charts at some point, and B) Usually stretches back as far as 1990.

Do you like Justine Bieber and Katy Perry? The correct answer is no and no, btw.

I didn't know Sligo was such a bustling little hive of entertainment :p
    That is simply not true, I've gotten numerous fantastic 80s compilations, 70s punk albums and Beatles albums in HMV - maybe the musical tastes in Sligo don't call for a reasonable supply of classic bands and singers? :rolleyes:

And no, thankfully I'm not part of THAT set. :pac:

• Advertisement

I didn't know Sligo was such a bustling little hive of entertainment :p
    That is simply not true, I've gotten numerous fantastic 80s compilations, 70s punk albums and Beatles albums in HMV - maybe the musical tastes in Sligo don't call for a reasonable supply of classic bands and singers? :rolleyes:

And no, thankfully I'm not part of THAT set. :pac:
    Obviously not I guess. Okay, maybe The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Guns n' Roses might be there, but it's all big-name stuff.

That pic is from the HMV in Sligo.

A little district called Honk Kong in Sligo, that is.

Chin... I mean, Asians galore!

Oh my God how are you such a legend? Share your secrets of wisdom please.
    By not talking about what went down last Tuesday in Chewbacca's Home Ec exam.

SLOW SHOW! I remember you, you posted on a thread of mine once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Slow Show: Anything happening on IRC tonight ? I got banneded from it for a night :(

Does anyone remember the name of that film where Russel Crowe was a gladiator?

• Advertisement

Does anyone remember the name of that film where Russel Crowe was a gladiator?

Oh give me a minute, I know this one - GOT IT! It was Alien, wasn't it?

*struts off triumphantly*
    :cool:

Oh give me a minute, I know this one - GOT IT! It was Alien, wasn't it?

*struts off triumphantly*
    :cool:
    lol The answer was actually Starship Troopers. Nice attempt I guess.

The answer was actually Starship Troopers. Nice attempt I guess.

Oh DARN O_o

By not talking about what went down last Tuesday in Chewbacca's Home Ec exam.

It's an OT thread dude, I'll put in whatever input I like without having to be downright rude.
    SLOW SHOW! I remember you, you posted on a thread of mine once :D

A quick search shows one about English? Hope I helped somehow, I gave so much English advice out and ended up unhappy with how mine went (although I'm a big weirdo who overthinks everything) so maybe I should have held back. :p

It's an OT thread dude, I'll put in whatever input I like without having to be downright rude.
    Oh god don't be too offended...

There are more important things to be concerned about than tasteless pictures and the JC.

http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16043146

I'm shipping off to China,

- "better off Red than dead" has never been so true.

Slow Show: Anything happening on IRC tonight ? I got banneded from it for a night :(

I never saw this >.> It's alright tonight, nothing major going down. :)

phaNtom GTFO

woo Slow Show :D

phaNtom GTFO

Aren't you still up a mountain? If so how can you get coverage? :confused:
    And Slow Show, don't worry about it, your advice really helped even though I still ended up failing miserably.... WHY do they put English at the start? It had a knock-on effect on all my other sh!tty exams :(

Anybody want to give me €395?
    No?
    Damn...

I need moneies :( haha

• Advertisement

Aren't you still up a mountain? If so how can you get coverage? :confused:

I'm back now :D
    I had signal in most of the mountains :)

Mark don't you think that his older stuff was better? The Marshall Mathers LP is one of my favourite rap albums ever. Recovery was much better than Relapse, though.

€16.99 IN Tower Records :)
    And yes! I have all his albums on cd but i saw the vinyl and thought hey hey ill get it:) Marshall Mathers LP is the best rap album, its sold like 20 million at this stage worldwide? 2x Diamond baby :D
    No?
    Damn...

Why? :L Ill post it to you since i know where you live ;)

phaNtom GTFO

N'awwww this makes me happy. :)

Also shadow and cakes, I may have received something ten days premature today...YOU GUYS ROCK. :D

And yes! I have all his albums on cd but i saw the vinyl and thought hey hey ill get it:) Marshall Mathers LP is the best rap album, its sold like 20 million at this stage worldwide? 2x Diamond baby :D
    No?
    Damn...

Why? :L Ill post it to you since i know where you live ;)

Long story XD

And ehm.. stalker? Hahahaha

Also shadow and cakes, I may have received something ten days premature today...YOU GUYS ROCK. :D

I feel left out :( Explain? :D

10 days early?? Learn to count soccy :p
    glad you loiked it even with the errors and stuff :-/

ShadowNinty and CakesofRice BOTH impregnated you?

Have you ever listened to NWA's "Straight Outta Compton"? My personal favourite.

em, does anyone actually like you?

You do realise that no one will actually discuss anything with you, right?

• Advertisement

Nope. heh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

She's had twins!

Keep it on the down-low please, we can't have Mr Show finding out.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

She's had twins!

Keep it on the down-low please, we can't have Mr Show finding out.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Someone with a sense of humour at last! Yeah! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Off topic: Has anyone heard of Borderlands? No? Crap.

The game?
    :confused: How so? :confused:

• FYG played soccer football with LAFC for 11 years.
    • FYG decides at the end of the season that he wants to leave LAFC and join CCFC.
    • FYG has all summer to tell his manager that he is leaving.
    • FYG doesn't tell him until the night before LAFC start back training.
    • LAFC manager is sad.
    • CCFC have their first training Thursday.
    • Wednesday night an old, good friend of mine texts me telling me he is joining LAFC and for me to stay. Quality striker he is.
    • Wednesday night, FYG seriously considers things.
    • Thursday morning FYG decides he wants to go back to LAFC.
    • Thursday, FYG goes training with CCFC.
    • Before training, FYG meets a LAFC player who convinces him to go training that night, instead of FYG's plan to ring LAFC's manager the next day.
    • Before CCFC training, FYG rings LAFC manager and asks can he go trainig tonight.
    • FYG trains with both CCFC and LAFC that night.
    • FYG decides that LAFC is what he wants.
    • FYG now has to tell poor CCFC.
    It's all grand now though. I originally posted when my friend text me and I was having thoughts of going back to LAFC.

Cool story, no? :pac:

I don't mind Phantom. :o

FYG wrote: »
    I don't mind Phantom. :o

He's a bigoted prick

• Advertisement

He's a bigoted prick

He's done nothing to make me hate him.

I won't do either. What did I do again that was so terrible?

What the hell is wrong with you Ninty? Do you mean to say I cannot disagree with anything you say?

Your level of hate is unhealthy.... What did I do to you, then?

^btw I'm not playing "the victim" here, I just don't get why you get so loco about it.

I don't hate him. He is not posting her to be sociable - he is trolling.
    His views on society are wrong and hateful, and quite sad.
    He's not a nice person, at least online, and most of the posters here do not want him and groan when they see a post of his.

I don't hate him. He is not posting her to be sociable - he is trolling.
    His views on society are wrong and hateful, and quite sad.
    He's not a nice person, at least online, and most of the posters here do not want him and groan when they see a post of his.
    Occasionally, but I don't always troll... provided the topic is worth discussing.

And most of the trolling stuff isn't really what I think. Or at least exaggerated.

My "views" on society that I've told you is: Don't like immigrants who live off of benefits. Period.

Who are you to call it "sad" to not want to see my country throw money at these people when we can't afford to keep ours above the poverty line?

• Advertisement
Advertisement