Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TY 2011/12 OFF-TOPIC Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

MarkD09 wrote: »
    I think when people use no smileys it makes it harder to understand like what they think of someething.. like if its funny or sad... It could be oh :L or oh :D or oh :'(.. they make sentences sometimes, or maybe it's just me :L
    Wait, does ":L" mean "I'm sad at this"???? I always thought it meant "I dunno" or "I'm hella confused about this"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Wait, does ":L" mean "I'm sad at this"???? I always thought it meant "I dunno" or "I'm hella confused about this"

Its the laughing face :)
    It originates on Bebo, but I thankfully have never been part of that abomination :pac:

Indiego wrote: »
    Its not just you xD
    Because you cant see or hear the person you cant interpret what they're saying and how they feel about it I suppose :o

Am I the only one here who like suckkksss at phone calls? :pac:
    Calling who though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Was it this one ':L' ? :pac:
    Yeah! It always made me think of this popular picture:

I-Dunno.jpg
    I prefer the one with the dog :D
    That pancake mix is too complicated. Here's mine. Two eggs. Cup of milk. Cup of flour. Mix. Taste. If it tastes nice, by all means taste again. Put on pan. Give first pancake to youngest most naive most desperate person. Enjoy life.

It originates on Bebo, but I thankfully have never been part of that abomination :pac:
    Except :L looks nothing like a happy emotion? Try pulling that face and laughing IRL.... It's difficult.

• Advertisement

I'm guilty to being on bebo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I hate phone calls :L Iḿ always so quick. kthxbye txt meah

Calling who though?

Just like friends and stuff :pac:
    That pancake mix is too complicated. Here's mine. Two eggs. Cup of milk. Cup of flour. Mix. Taste. If it tastes nice, by all means taste again. Put on pan. Give first pancake to youngest most naive most desperate person. Enjoy life.

I like that pancake recipe :pac: :pac:

fair enough. I need HowCast to tell me how to make toast.

I'm not good at cooking btw

Except :L looks nothing like a happy emotion? Try pulling that face and laughing IRL.... It's difficult.

I actually find that I laugh when I pull that face XD
    I'm guilty to being on bebo :(

:O
    /Banned.
    I hate phone calls :L Iḿ always so quick. kthxbye txt meah

Yeah sameeee :pac:
    I hate when friends call with just the intention of talking -_- its so annoyinggggg :L

• Advertisement

Just like friends and stuff :pac:

I like that pancake recipe :pac: :pac:
    What... Like laughing and ****? How could you fail a phonecall lol? I rang up HP Customer Support and had to hang up from laughing at the asian guys accent. Hopefully he didn't hear.

This might be my favourite Youtube video:

What... Like laughing and ****? How could you fail a phonecall lol?

I dunnooo, I just can't carry out a normal phonecall XD

THE YOUNGEST WON'T GO TO SLEEP :( I've even tried the classic fake call to the mother, AND Santa will be flying by. She's impossible. Fml AGAIN! And she wore her sisters communion dress and got it filthy :L

THE YOUNGEST WON'T GO TO SLEEP :( I've even tried the classic fake call to the mother, AND Santa will be flying by. She's impossible. Fml AGAIN! And she wore her sisters communion dress and got it filthy :L

Just put her in her room, turn out the light, close the door and leave :pac: every time she comes out just pick her up and put her back, but dont say anything to her :L Usually workss after a while, when they realise it isnt fun anymore :pac:
    supernanny ftw ^^

Hey dudes can everyone please turn their TV to Channel 4. Watchmen is on! (brilliant film)

Pleeease? You'll be glad you saw it. It starts at 10, so I'll be off till whenever it's over.

Just put her in her room, turn out the light, close the door and leave :pac: every time she comes out just pick her up and put her back, but dont say anything to her :L Usually workss after a while, when they realise it isnt fun anymore :pac:
    supernanny ftw ^^

Wow, that really is a good idea.. Shes in bed now.. I have a feeling it wont last

Wow, that really is a good idea.. Shes in bed now.. I have a feeling it wont last

Well I am a skilled babysitter :pac: I wont take no **** from noone, no matter how young XD
    Just keep putting her back if she gets up :L

Im going to the aaaarrrghhh thread :(

Well I am a skilled babysitter :pac: I wont take no **** from noone, no matter how young XD
    Just keep putting her back if she gets up :L
    Biatch! Nah jk

I'm too nice to little 'uns. Let em' do whatever pleases them. Just keeps them quiet I guess!

kk bye Watchmen is gunna start.

• Advertisement

Dont give children fizzy drinks. Whatever you do

Ah sure a good glass of 7up is great for getting them off to sleep XD

Haha one of my mohers friends used to put brandy nto her grandchilds coffee before bed and she'd be out like a light. (the child wanted coffee to be a rebel ;) )

Ah sure a good glass of 7up is great for getting them off to sleep XD

well if you gave them enough theyd die soooo....

well if you gave them enough theyd die soooo....
    so it's worth a try........

I'm going for a nap. This headache is unbearable.. The kids will be ok :)

Hope you feel better. i was like you Monday night

Awh hope you feel better :)

(the child wanted coffee to be a rebel ;) )
    What? I can't hear you, I'm too busy being a rebel.

Rebel_Your_Child.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Mark, do you have any Eminem songs on your phone?

FYG wrote: »
    Mark, do you have any Eminem songs on your phone?

Yeah why? :)
    Anybody up? :pac:

Yes. Too heavy rain for jog :(

Yeah why? :)
    Anybody up? :pac:

Me..
    Argh I think you gave me your headache :(

Me..

I took about a 20 minute nap, a paracetemol and lemsip. Urgh i love that stuff, its just so soothing when you're sick :o
    What was FYG's name before he changed? I forget again :(
    And Ninty it's not raining in wicklow :D
    Hah i wonder did schique miss mass today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Hey all I finally got back into this - stupid thing rejected my password five times - five! So how are we all keeping? :)

• Advertisement

Yes Mark, yes I did :cool:

Me..

I took about a 20 minute nap, a paracetemol and lemsip. Urgh i love that stuff, its just so soothing when you're sick :o
    What was FYG's name before he changed? I forget again :(
    And Ninty it's not raining in wicklow :D

Ohhhh lemsip sounds like a good Idea :) haha
    FYGs name was desire :) haha
    The weather here isn't too bad today for once actually :L

I'm off to raid newbridges penneys shoe section today ^^ adios haha

Oh and Ciarán, I'm soweeeeee :(

Yes. Too heavy rain for jog :(

We've had continuous showering since Wednesday, and even when it's not raining it's ridiculously clammy :(
    Praise Jeebus for Ben and Jerrys' :D

SChique00 wrote: »
    We've had continuous showering since Wednesday, and even when it's not raining it's ridiculously clammy :(
    Praise Jeebus for Ben and Jerrys' :D

I take it you've got so bored in the weather it resulted in comfort eating?Aah :(7
    I know the feeling. I was supposed to be working today but not anymore :@ I hate doing nothing :(

I take it you've got so bored in the weather it resulted in comfort eating?Aah :(7
    I know the feeling. I was supposed to be working today but not anymore :@ I hate doing nothing :(

Yeah I'm sort of an emotional eater - went on a bit of a splurge yesterday actually... Damn poundworld and their crazy low prices on KitKats!!! I wish I was one of those people who lost interest in eating instead of instantly reaching for something sugar-loaded :confused:
    I was only down because I hit a dead end regarding Work Exp with RTÉ :(
    But back to boxing tomorrow :D strange how getting out of the house and talking to people has a better effect on your mood than eating icecream... one of life's inexplicable mysteries.....
    Got to go, there's a sausage sambo in the kitchen with my name on it ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm sort of an emotional eater - went on a bit of a splurge yesterday actually... Damn poundworld and their crazy low prices on KitKats!!! I wish I was one of those people who lost interest in eating instead of instantly reaching for something sugar-loaded :confused:
    I was only down because I hit a dead end regarding Work Exp with RTÉ :(
    But back to boxing tomorrow :D strange how getting out of the house and talking to people has a better effect on your mood than eating icecream... one of life's inexplicable mysteries.....
    Got to go, there's a sausage sambo in the kitchen with my name on it ;)

Hahahha no way, i just had a fry :D PoundWorld? What and where? Sounds like a good thing :D

Hahahha no way, i just had a fry :D PoundWorld? What and where? Sounds like a good thing :D

WeightWatchers would be condemning us both right now :D
    PoundWorld, or maybe it was PoundLand? Or both? I think PoundLand's in the Buttercrane and PoundWorld's in the Quays - problem is they're both shopping centres in NEWRY. :o
    Seriously there are so many pound shops in the North :eek:

WeightWatchers would be condemning us both right now :D
    PoundWorld, or maybe it was PoundLand? Or both? I think PoundLand's in the Buttercrane and PoundWorld's in the Quays - problem is they're both shopping centres in NEWRY. :o
    Seriously there are so many pound shops in the North :eek:

Oooooh right, you were up norn iron recently like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Oooooh right, you were up norn iron recently like?

It's only 10 minutes away.

It's only 10 minutes away.

Wait so where do you live.. Again? :L Just dawned on me i should've looked at the dammed location :/

I've always found that the best cure for headcolds is to squeeze a lemon (no, not to take a piss, you fool), add 2 teaspoons (or more lol) of honey and fill it with hot water.

Try it! It's nicer than Lemsip, as it doesn't taste like it was once powder... :p

I've always found that the best cure for headcolds is to squeeze a lemon (no, not to take a piss, you fool), add 2 teaspoons (or more lol) of honey and fill it with hot water.

Try it! It's nicer than Lemsip, as it doesn't taste like it was once powder... :p

Tbh i like the lemsip,i hate honey ;( Once my granddad made warm whiskey, honey and lemon to help hahaha, Oldies :pac:

Tbh i like the lemsip,i hate honey ;( Once my granddad made warm whiskey, honey and lemon to help hahaha, Oldies :pac:
    I love old irish folk. They always have something funny to say. Gotta appreciate it really, they truly are the last remnants of what culture we had, up until 1973, where we lost our identity a little bit.

Have you tried the lemon and honey combo though? It is nice, even if you aren't sick!

God I hate Sundays, I can't go out or anything (not got to do with religion, just a family thang). Thank god for the internet, then...

I love old irish folk. They always have something funny to say. Gotta appreciate it really, they truly are the last remnants of what culture we had, up until 1973, where we lost our identity a little bit.
    God I hate Sundays, I can't go out or anything (not got to do with religion, just a family thang). Thank god for the internet, then...

Yeah, old irish are great :) Or at least some of them xD (was going to use :L but meh.. i hate xD)
    And yeah.. Sundays are gaaaay :(

I feel so health today :(
    I didn't have anything bad :L

• Advertisement
Advertisement