Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone - charging the battery first time?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just got a new phone and have it charging at present.

However just wondering if it would have been better to drain the battery first before giving it it's first charge?

Or does the whole draining the battery / fully charging it cycle actually make much of a difference with batteries anymore?

Should I leave it charging or start playing around with my new toy for a few hours, drain the battery then charge it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

The battery has probalby already been charged and dis-charged already, so no need to do the whole 24 hour charge of years ago. Shouldn't make a difference to new batteries at all.

To preserved the lithium battery best actually, you should keep it at around 60-80% charge, but that is totally impractiacal really, and modern batteries last years either way and are cheap to replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Cool, thanks!

That's what I was thinking anyhow. Cheers for replying!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Rather than start a new thread I'll use this one

I got a new smartphone this morning. The guy in the shop says use the phone until completely dead then do a full charge but the quick start manual says charge it first before anything else?

Who is right or more importantly which will maximise the life of the battery?

Advertisement