Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Marketeers

Options
  • 20-06-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Anybody on here making any earnings on-line weather it's affiliate sales or adsense etc..

Decided to venture into it after almost a year researching it. Any pointers would be great. :rolleyes:

Been playing around with Market Samurai for about 4 months now trying to generate some profitable keyword phrases etc..

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Find your niche, get the right network for that niche and read the forums.

I have made money from sites before, and it is not the easy street it seems, but can be lucrative.

Shoot me a PM with your sites and I'll give you a bit of advice if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I've been at it for about a year on one particular site.

I was 'misguided' by the whole concept of keywords. They will come naturally if you have good and unique content - and that's the key - content.

In May the most popular keyword generated 0.08% (point eight percent)of the total traffic! there is a huge 'long tail' in keywords - there were over 26,000 keywords used - realistically you are not going to be able to 'optimise' for all of them.

Make sure you set up google webmaster tools really handy for looking at where your site appeared on search terms and what the CTR is.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭theshamu

blue4ever wrote: »
    I've been at it for about a year on one particular site.

I was 'misguided' by the whole concept of keywords. They will come naturally if you have good and unique content - and that's the key - content.

In May the most popular keyword generated 0.08% (point eight percent)of the total traffic! there is a huge 'long tail' in keywords - there were over 26,000 keywords used - realistically you are not going to be able to 'optimise' for all of them.

Make sure you set up google webmaster tools really handy for looking at where your site appeared on search terms and what the CTR is.

Do u mind me asking how do you generate income from this site, is it thru affiliate sales or adsense? I know content is king but what back link strategy did you go for if any? Not asking to give away any secrets just trying to gauge how people promote there sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Income (to speak of :() is adsence. Backlinks were through targeted blogs and directories.

I've not real problem chatting about it - perhaps not as public as this, so feel free to PM me with any questions. I'd be happy to answer them - so long as we're not in the same market!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fergal_d

Ive been a full timer for about 2 years now.. market samurai and stuff like that is SEO based.. My advice is get away from google completely. I struggled with SEO, getting blocked from adwords etc etc and once I blocked google out of my business I found so many other ways to drive traffic to my squeeze pages.

Optimizing your squeeze pages and having and OTO that converts highly on the backend is the key to building your email list for free with solo ads.

Best of luck.. Its a long road to becoming a full timer but when you do its brilliant.

I'm writing to you from Phuket at the moment thanks to IM ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement