Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Beatles photo?

• 20-06-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

HI,
    My dad had a load of old photos in old slides, they sat in our
    attic for years and years. He passed away 10 years ago and I've finally gotten them converted soft copies (thanks to Gillian Golden who did it).

My dad mentioned that he met the Beatles years ago on holidays and I think that these two photos are from when he met them. In the first one I think it looks like one of them (Ringo maybe) with their back to the camera.

The second one I think is just the local band and doesn't contain any of the Beatles. Can anyone confirm this?

5852903562_9524ae9f4b_b.jpg

5852904468_02b18a203e_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Could be correct. That might be Paul McCartney sitting at the piano in the first image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

The Beatles generally wore suites that were all the same colours. On one tour, the 1966 final one, where they played in Bukodan, they didn't at all. On this tour they wore silver jackets and dark pants - much like in the picture here. So if you could date the picture, it'd help increase the possibilty a little more!

I'd believe it's very similar to them - white collars on show, shirt sleeves longer than jacket, shortish trousers. The hairstyle is in time with the final touring years too.

Bear in mind they didn't tour after August '66. If the picture is any later than this, it's not them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

That defintly looks like Ringo standing beside the piano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I think you're right with Ringo there, and like Paul said, the piano dude isn't unlike mcCarthy.

They are some cool photo's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Delminuso007

I think the way the group around the piano are captivated by the pianist suggests it's someone significant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Yeah for sure and that red head is trying to be super cool, but there is a sure interest in whoever is sitting at that piano. And if that's not ringo, then I'm robot! Great stuff man, such a shame there is nothing Better composed with faces in frame, could have been worth a bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

wow, now that's pretty darned cool. i did *not* notice that when i scanned them. i only noticed the guy in the second shot dancing with a doll. :)

Advertisement