Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Connection on new build?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I was hoping that someone from Eircom could help me.

I purchased the 'Up to 3Mb broadband & eircom talktime chatter' last Monday 13th June online. I selected all the options saying that it is a new build, never had phone line installed, all work not completed etc.
    The deal very clearly states in the 'Bundle Features' that 'Delivery within 5 working days'.

I got an email that afternoon telling me that an Engineer would be out on Thursday to install, the engineer called out Thursday morning, he was there for about 10 minutes and told the builder that I needed poles installed and that it would be 7-10 days.

I didn't receive a phone call or email so I rang 1901 today to be told that there probably is a lot of work involved and that the system says the poles should be installed by the 16th July and if they're not installed by then I can call 1901 and they will send an email. I asked was I going to be contacted about this and he said no and that the engineers would call me when they were ready to install the poles.

So whats the story with the '5 day delivery', I can't find anywhere it says it may take longer and I clearly stated that all the work wasn't done when I ordered the bundle? Also is there anyone I can contact that can give me a proper idea of when the work will be done. The frustrating thing is that I could have arranged this earlier but the 5 day delivery is clearly stated on the website.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Chief99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I purchased the 'Up to 3Mb broadband & eircom talktime chatter' last Monday 13th June online. I selected all the options saying that it is a new build, never had phone line installed, all work not completed etc.
    The deal very clearly states in the 'Bundle Features' that 'Delivery within 5 working days'.

I got an email that afternoon telling me that an Engineer would be out on Thursday to install, the engineer called out Thursday morning, he was there for about 10 minutes and told the builder that I needed poles installed and that it would be 7-10 days.

I didn't receive a phone call or email so I rang 1901 today to be told that there probably is a lot of work involved and that the system says the poles should be installed by the 16th July and if they're not installed by then I can call 1901 and they will send an email. I asked was I going to be contacted about this and he said no and that the engineers would call me when they were ready to install the poles.

So whats the story with the '5 day delivery', I can't find anywhere it says it may take longer and I clearly stated that all the work wasn't done when I ordered the bundle? Also is there anyone I can contact that can give me a proper idea of when the work will be done. The frustrating thing is that I could have arranged this earlier but the 5 day delivery is clearly stated on the website.

Thanks

Hi Chief99,

Can you private message me with your telephone number or eircom account number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Chief99 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Hi Chief99,

I got the number thanks I will check it out and get back to you with an update in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Chief99

Thanks Mark

Advertisement