Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Laptop and Phone

Options
  • 20-06-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

hope this isn't posted somewhere else...

I have a DELL latitude E6410 and a Nokia 2730. I have set up a bluetooth connection between them and can transfer pictures from laptop to phone fine but if I try to transfer photos from phone to laptop the phone shows an error message "service not supported by other device". How do I fix this? When the laptop and phone are connected I can't browse the memory card in the phone either. I do not have a USB cable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

If you're using the standard Windows bluetooth manager, you need to first set it to 'Receive a file' in the bluetooth file transfer menu. Then send the item from your phone & your laptop should detect the connection. Also, (obviously) check your laptop's bluetooth settings & ensure you have the device set to allow connections, detection etc.

I'd recommend installing Nokia PC Suite also, as it contains the hardware drivers for your phone. This usually solves BT file transfer issues in most cases anyway, as PC Suite let's you manage your phone's media & transfer files via BT. Not to mention being much easier than using Windows for initial BT device pairing.

Edit: Only just copped you mention 'the memory card' in the phone. you could get an SDcard to USB adapter for about €2 & transfer stuff that way too... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

ok, i found the bluetooth file transfer menu (i put it into the search bar) and clicked receive file. i then said connect on my phone and it said sending file, it got to 93% and then it failed. No idea why that happened! thanks so much for your reply..i'm a little closer to fixing this. I may have to get that cable you mentioned yet!

Advertisement