Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11 quitters!

Options
  • 20-06-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I am getting so sick of this now! Beating someone even 1-0 and in the last few minutes they quit, I know it's a 3-0 win for you but you don't get any points. I wish you could report players for this! The quitters know who they are!

Or when fifa 12 comes out that they just disable the quit function or if they quit you get the 3-0 win and the points for it and they lose points, either way it is just so annoying! I have played about 20 games today and I'd say I finished about 8 of them mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Rant over biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Happened to me just there. Not only did he pick a better team (Madrid) but he took a three goal lead due to me being stupid and texting at the same time. I managed to pull it back to 3-3 and went 5-3 up in Extra time and I knew for a fact he'd quit - which he did. If I have the decency to keep playing when I'm 3-0 down he could have the decency to keep playing when I took the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Happened to me just there. Not only did he pick a better team (Madrid) but he took a three goal lead due to me being stupid and texting at the same time. I managed to pull it back to 3-3 and went 5-3 up in Extra time and I knew for a fact he'd quit - which he did. If I have the decency to keep playing when I'm 3-0 down he could have the decency to keep playing when I took the lead.
    I'm glad it's not just me this is happening to, yeah it's always the better team quits. I play with city no matter what team is picked, but as soon as you get ahead of them "Your opponent has left the match"

Well if you want a game where the person wont quit, my psn is ynwa17 :p

added u there, playin black ops at the moment, need to shoot something to get rid of the fifa rage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Online mode is pretty awful generally because the calibre of people you're presented with. Quitters is all the evidence you need to be confirmed of that. Also, Play a random team game just to see the mentality of your average fifa player. They have no comprehension of "the game" of football and you just want to get the ball and DIY from the half-way line to the edge of the (completely unguarded) opposition penalty area. A third party watching this action would wonder wtf was going on.

Sometimes I play team game and choose position "any" which generally leaves me playing as the defenders. If I managed to get control of the back-4 to myself I generally set them up correctly and completely dominate the game. I've never had an opposition player score against me when I had the back-4 to myself. It just shows you that some of these people have no understanding of how this game 'should' be played.

Conclusion. Online mode is just a waste of time unless you're playing with/against people who have agreed to a basic set of gameplay rules at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

can i add ya too? always happens to me :P

spirit_77 wrote: »
    can i add ya too? always happens to me :P

Yeah go for it haha. Im free now if you're up for a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

Yeah go for it haha. Im free now if you're up for a game?

sorry only seen this now,u still free?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

anyone with a DNF% in the double figures steer clear of. I know how you feel OP, same craic yesterday, got a few games finished all day, and what really gets me is when they invite you to the game to eventually quit. STOP WASTING MY BLOODY TIME!!!!

muff03 wrote: »
    anyone with a DNF% in the double figures steer clear of. I know how you feel OP, same craic yesterday, got a few games finished all day, and what really gets me is when they invite you to the game to eventually quit. STOP WASTING MY BLOODY TIME!!!!
    It's horrible! I think it's worse when they pick a team like madrid/barca/chelsea or united and because they can't use them they just quit. But your DNF% will increase if your in a game and the other player quits, it's so frustrating!!

• Advertisement

spirit_77 wrote: »
    sorry only seen this now,u still free?
    Add me if u want hurricane-dean08

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

hold up, my DNF% goes up if you quit on me!? Didn't know that now

muff03 wrote: »
    hold up, my DNF% goes up if you quit on me!? Didn't know that now
    Well this morning mine was at 3% a few matches and several quits later it's 11%

bonerm wrote: »
    Online mode is pretty awful generally because the calibre of people you're presented with. Quitters is all the evidence you need to be confirmed of that. Also, Play a random team game just to see the mentality of your average fifa player. They have no comprehension of "the game" of football and you just want to get the ball and DIY from the half-way line to the edge of the (completely unguarded) opposition penalty area. A third party watching this action would wonder wtf was going on.

Sometimes I play team game and choose position "any" which generally leaves me playing as the defenders. If I managed to get control of the back-4 to myself I generally set them up correctly and completely dominate the game. I've never had an opposition player score against me when I had the back-4 to myself. It just shows you that some of these people have no understanding of how this game 'should' be played.

Conclusion. Online mode is just a waste of time unless you're playing with/against people who have agreed to a basic set of gameplay rules at the very least.
    I agree with that, a few players I have come against just go for ridiculous shots (no matter who was shooting it wasn't going in), or EVERY pass is a lofted through ball!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I am getting so sick of this now! Beating someone even 1-0 and in the last few minutes they quit, I know it's a 3-0 win for you but you don't get any points.

You do seem to get the points, but they don't get added on until after the next game you complete fully.

It doesn't show you them being added, but I've checked it out before and that's how it seemed to work.

i.e. At 2000 points. Winning a game, and the lad quits. Draw next game, awarded 8 points, ended up at 2044, which meant 36 applied for previous win. Or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but some people seem to be able to quit and lay the blame for it at your feet. I'm not sure if they turn off the console or if there's another way to go about it, but it p****es me off no end! These players are in many cases also the same ones that somehow use created players and edited squads in ranked matchs (Basically any of the top ranked players in the world actually).

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

I might add you too if that's alright. I always send them a message.

" You shouldn't play Fifa if you can't take a beating, keep practicing you're sh!t3 "

Töpher wrote: »
    You do seem to get the points, but they don't get added on until after the next game you complete fully.

It doesn't show you them being added, but I've checked it out before and that's how it seemed to work.

i.e. At 2000 points. Winning a game, and the lad quits. Draw next game, awarded 8 points, ended up at 2044, which meant 36 applied for previous win. Or something similar.
    I haven't checked but I don't know if I am getting extra points, have been on 3800 for a few games now, say 4 quits and one draw I only went up 10 points.

D1976 wrote: »

" You shouldn't play Fifa if you can't take a beating, keep practicing you're sh!t3 "
    I'm guessing that's the cleaned up version :pac:

D1976 wrote: »

Yeah work away mate. Ill be back on in the next 10 mins if anyones around

• Advertisement

ynwa17 were you tempted to quit in our 2nd match :P

Less of it. Just couldn't score in either of our matches. Should've destroyed you in the first game. You're just too good on the counter attack :p

Less of it. Just couldn't score in either of our matches. Should've destroyed you in the first game. You're just too good on the counter attack :p
    Ha ha that's how I get ye, yea you had a good few chances but so did I that didn't go in :rolleyes: I'll be on later if you fancy a rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

i actually enjoy it if i go behind in a match it gives me an extra incentive to come back you get more pleasure if you wi n by coming from behind i dont understand it myself and it happens way too much for my liking last night i was playing a lad who was madrid i was liverpool he was 2-0 up at half time i pulled it back to 2-2 then practically last kick i got a 3rd no sooner did the ball hit the net the cnut was gone:mad::mad:

im upthepoolfc if anyone wants to add me

shamrock55 wrote: »
    i actually enjoy it if i go behind in a match it gives me an extra incentive to come back you get more pleasure if you wi n by coming from behind i dont understand it myself and it happens way too much for my liking last night i was playing a lad who was madrid i was liverpool he was 2-0 up at half time i pulled it back to 2-2 then practically last kick i got a 3rd no sooner did the ball hit the net the cnut was gone:mad::mad:
    That's the worst! Getting a free in the 80-90th min, if you score BANG they're just gone, @ssholes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I traded it in over quitters, did me tits in..

bryaner wrote: »
    I traded it in over quitters, did me tits in..
    I hate quitters as much as the next person but I wouldn't trade it in, I still play mates on and offline

Ha ha that's how I get ye, yea you had a good few chances but so did I that didn't go in :rolleyes: I'll be on later if you fancy a rematch

Sounds good. I should be on within the next hour.
    shamrock55 wrote: »

im upthepoolfc if anyone wants to add me

I'll add you next time I'm on unless you want to add me ynwa17

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I hate quitters as much as the next person but I wouldn't trade it in, I still play mates on and offline

I'm pinning me hopes on 12 having some deterrent of sorts..

• Advertisement

Sounds good. I should be on within the next hour.

I'll add you next time I'm on unless you want to add me ynwa17
    No bother, why do people always want to be added instead of just adding you? :confused::confused:
    bryaner wrote: »
    I'm pinning me hopes on 12 having some deterrent of sorts..
    I hope to god they do, it's the same in UFC and all

Advertisement