Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Previous arrest in the US

• 20-06-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi,

About 12 year ago i was arrested in the US for being drunk in public,no conviction just let go.I had completed my degree and went over there on a J1 visa.
    The year befoer last i was going to Las vegas and was stopped at US immigration as i had said 'No' on the ESTA form,completely forgot about 12 years ago and honestly unintentionally put No.

My previous arrest showed up.The guy let me through and said i Needed to go to the Embassy and I did.Had an interview and got a special visa stamped in my passport.

Im going to Canada and have to complete another ESTA form as i will be entering US airspace.

My questions is I am trying to complete a new ESTA form but when i entered 'yes' re my arrest it said 'Not authorsied to enter'.
    Anyone know what I do next ?I will call the embassy but it takes ages to get thorugh and costs a over a euro a minute.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You need to call the US embassy. No other way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

Its ridiculous-after tkaing a half day from work to go to the US embassy,spending over 100 euro,i still need to get BACK in contact with them....and im not even going to the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Is your visa still valid (was it a 10 year multi-entry one?)? If so you don't need ESTA as you are entering using a visa not under the VWP.

10 out fo 10 for that Lonestargirl.

I actually just got off the phone to the US embassy ,at EUR2.40 a minute i may add,and they sadi exactly as you stated .I do have the multi entry 10 Year Visa and i dont have to complete an ESTA form.Although it cost me 100euro i do save 14$'s not having to complete an online ESTA.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

No bother, the only hassle you may have is that some airlines won't let you check in online as they can see that you don't have an ESTA. They will just verify your visa before checking you in manually at the airport.

• Advertisement

Oh that must be why my seats with Air Canada are still at 'pending airline approval'.I must need to check in myself physically at the airport.
    My family have received their seat allocation already ,now i know why.

thanks again for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

rondog wrote: »
    Im going to Canada and have to complete another ESTA form as i will be entering US airspace.

Thanks

Entering US airspace does not requie US immigration clearance; do you mean that you are connecting via the US or your plane has an intermediate stop in the US? If neither, US immigration is irrelevant.

Advertisement