Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country music in Galway, tues or wed night?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, I plan to go to Galway with a small group and two are interested in country music, we will be in galway either tuesday or wednesday night in mid july. Can anyone recommend pubs or hotels to check out where there will be music, thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭pateen

lets see

Taffes - Shop Street
    Monroes - Lower Dominick Street
    The Crane Bar - Sea Road
    The Quays - Quay Street
    Tigh Coilí - Shop Street
    The Pucan - Forster Street? maybe?

I think most of these will have live country western/trad. irish on most nights of the week, hope this will be of some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

pateen wrote: »
    lets see

Taffes - Shop Street
    The Crane Bar - Sea Road
    The Quays - Quay Street
    Tigh Coilí - Shop Street

I think most of these will have live country western/trad. irish on most nights of the week, hope this will be of some help!

While there is a crossover in some venues, there can be a BIG difference between 'country' and 'trad'. Off the top of my head I'd ring and check, for example there is a country/folk duo in the Crane (from their website " Greg Cotter and Mary Flanagan Country/Folk
    Sun 26-06, 21.30, ADM: FREE") but most nights it's trad. Same for the other pubs mentioned. Maybe also try Western Hotel or Barr An Chaladh (sp?)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

pateen wrote: »
    lets see

Taffes - Shop Street
    The Crane Bar - Sea Road
    The Quays - Quay Street
    Tigh Coilí - Shop Street

Big difference between country and western and Irish trad. Taafes and Tigh Coili definitely for Trad only. Quays upstairs does normal country and western a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Greg and Mary play in Cookes Thatch most Wednesday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭diabeticmum

Thanks a million , will check those out:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement