Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creche costs with medical card

• 20-06-2011 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

My daughter is 2 since march, and i have always had her minded by a lady in the house. She is due to begin her preschool in September 2012 before starting school the year after. I want to enrol her for a few mornings a week from September for the year in my local creche, but my cousin told me that since I have a medical card I should get it cheaper. Has anyone had any experience of this as I'm finding it hard to find any information on it, and don't want to go into the creche totally clueless!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She should be entitled to a place in a community creche...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SLM

It's called the subvention scheme, but only applies to community childcare providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I'm totally clueless on this (first child!) what's the difference between community creche and any other? Looked at one today right beside my house that's perfect, looking to send her 3 mornings a week, it'll only be 35euro for 3mornings so even if i don't get money from medical card it's not much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

If you work part time you may be entitled to Family income supplement too ( if you are not already receiving it) and one parent family. Make sure you are getting all you are entitled to

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've deleted some posts in this thread, some insulting to other posters and some off-topic.
    Please be civil to other users.
    Nobody knows anyone else's circumstances, so please do not speculate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

Well, excuse me for expressing a valid opinion on an open public forum. My points stand. Even if deleted.
    Apologies to op if I was appearing to "draw conclusions" but I only responded to what she said.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well, excuse me for expressing a valid opinion on an open public forum. My points stand. Even if deleted.
    Apologies to op if I was appearing to "draw conclusions" but I only responded to what she said.

Please do not argue with mod decisions on thread. This is not a public forum and you do not have freedom of speech. Thanks.

Advertisement