Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung GALAXY mobile phone LOCKED help

Options
  • 20-06-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Help wanted please. My toddler locked my daughters mobile phone by putting in the wrong code in too much , you can unlock it but you must do it through GOOGLE account that was used to set it up i am told by vodaphone . Problem is my daughter of course cannot remember her gmail account password therefore cannot unlock it . Vodaphone are telling us that we need to leave it to their shop and it must be sent away to be unlocked for a price of course , Surely their must be some other way anyone know ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

BTW am told it needs to be REHASHED !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Re-flashed.

Try here for the Gmail password recovery -

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12381

Re-flashed.

Try here for the Gmail password recovery -

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12381
    thanks kenny have been told now even if i do get into google the phone will have to be re flashed , are they right does anyone know ???

cordub wrote: »
    thanks kenny have been told now even if i do get into google the phone will have to be re flashed , are they right does anyone know ???

There may be another way around it, ask in the Android forum. I'm sure I've read about the same happening to somebody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Turn phone off. Hold volume up and press power button. Phone should boot up into recovery menu. Select "reset to factory default" and it should reflash for you. NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING.

• Advertisement

srsly78 wrote: »
    Turn phone off. Hold volume up and press power button. Phone should boot up into recovery menu. Select "reset to factory default" and it should reflash for you. NOTE THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING.

Galaxys aren't a s simple as that, it's a 3 button recovery on the 'S'... if it works, mine didn't.

srsly78 wrote: »
    THANKS but no luck . just went to input your google user name and password!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

cordub wrote: »
    THANKS but no luck . just went to input your google user name and password!!!

Have a read of this and see if it makes any sense to your situation: http://mingersoft.com/blog/2010/09/samsung-galaxy-s-check-for-system-recovery-mode-before-flashing/

Advertisement