Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone no broadband

• 20-06-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

I have VF broadband, the service has been dropping for about 6 weeks and there is no service for the last few days. My problem is with VF service as the tech guys cannot fix it, they keep doing the same things, checking software, send engineer to exchange etc. Nothing they have done so far has improved things, as mentioned I now have no service.
    I do not know what to do with them and I am looking for advice. They are going nowhere. I made a complaint last week about their service, not even a call back yet.
    Can they be obliged to recognise this problem and solve it?
    My business is suffering as I need broadband. They offered us a business service a few weeks ago and we were transferred from the residential to business whatever that is?
    Is there a way to look for remuneration for this as I am now significantly disadvantaged in my business?
    Sorry for rambling, all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Citizen_Cutback

work wrote: »
    I have VF broadband, the service has been dropping for about 6 weeks and there is no service for the last few days. My problem is with VF service as the tech guys cannot fix it, they keep doing the same things, checking software, send engineer to exchange etc. Nothing they have done so far has improved things, as mentioned I now have no service.
    I do not know what to do with them and I am looking for advice. They are going nowhere. I made a complaint last week about their service, not even a call back yet.
    Can they be obliged to recognise this problem and solve it?
    My business is suffering as I need broadband. They offered us a business service a few weeks ago and we were transferred from the residential to business whatever that is?
    Is there a way to look for remuneration for this as I am now significantly disadvantaged in my business?
    Sorry for rambling, all help appreciated

Same story here:

I switched from Smart to Vodafone Broadband because of a supposedly cheaper package including 200 free minutes to any Vodafone mobile two weeks ago.

All was going well for about a week until Smart turned off my broadband at their end. Vodafone have me set up for DSL on another phone line which is not in my house; believe or not this means that I no longer have Broadband. It is now one week since the DSL line dropped and there doesn't seem to be anything happening at Vodafone's end.

It is obvious to me that the Vodafone Tech guys haven't got the slightest clue about what needs to be done to make things work!

What are my options?
    Can I switch back to Smart?
    Where can I complain to other than to Vodafone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Did you tell VF to put DSL on a line that is not on your premises, they hardly picked a random line to enable did they?

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Did you tell VF to put DSL on a line that is not on your premises, they hardly picked a random line to enable did they?

At no time did I anticipate or agree to a new phone number.

My Vodafone DSL service is enabled but it is not connected to my home. Their tech guy even rang this number, probably to see if I would answer, but there was nobody home!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Have VF switched you to ( one of ) Bitstream, a Full LLU line or a Shared LLU line and if so which ???

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Have VF switched you to ( one of ) Bitstream, a Full LLU line or a Shared LLU line and if so which ???

I don't know.
    I was expecting zero contention like with Smart Telecom but it seems I just got Zero!

• Advertisement

Day 12: Still no broadband.

Customer Service tried to tell me that I was told a Phone Connection could take 10 days and the Broadband service could take 15; I was having none of it and told them that nowhwere was I told there would be a break in service on a line which was already broadband enabled by Smart Telecom.

I was then told that my neighbour had got my broadband connection and that I would have to be reconnected for which the request would be queued.

Then to cap it all off I got a text from Vodafone:

"Switch and save. Get Vodafone Landline and fixed broadband from only EUR38 per month. Text OFFER to 50220 or call1800927120. T&C's & optout at vodafone.ie"

Yes, I would like my broadband fixed but I would prefer to optout. What are my chances?:pac:

But seriously though where can I complain? Is there an Omboudsperson for Telecoms?

Day 12: Still no broadband.

Customer Service tried to tell me that I was told a Phone Connection could take 10 days and the Broadband service could take 15; I was having none of it and told them that nowhwere was I told there would be a break in service on a line which was already broadband enabled by Smart Telecom.

I was then told that my neighbour had got my broadband connection and that I would have to be reconnected for which the request would be queued.

Then to cap it all off I got a text from Vodafone:

"Switch and save. Get Vodafone Landline and fixed broadband from only EUR38 per month. Text OFFER to 50220 or call1800927120. T&C's & optout at vodafone.ie"

Yes, I would like my broadband fixed but I would prefer to optout. What are my chances?:pac:

But seriously though where can I complain? Is there an Omboudsperson for Telecoms?

I have just been released from my contract with Vodafone. I am going back to Smart Telecom. No doubt Vodafone will continue to mess with me for up to 30 days.

I will be cancelling my Vodafone direct debit tomorrow; that goes for my mobile phone payments as well.

Advertisement