Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking GU10 lamp holders

• 20-06-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

i am looking to replace my GU5.3 lamp holders and transformers in the bathroom with GU10. I am looking for the lamps holders and just cant find them.
    I have seen them in B&Q with a bulb but I dont need bulbs.
    Any idea where I can get them and how much?

Cheers

Gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

what's the issue with the existing lights

you can buy 12v led if it's a bulb issue

-keep in mind that you're modifying the original fittings

-and also 12v may be preferable to gu-10 in your bathroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Cheers,

I have tried LED versions of the GU5.3 and just can get them with a nice colour. I have gotten the lumeno GU10 and they have the best colour on any LED i have tried or seen.
    They are not original fittings either. Previous owner was a handy man or enthusiastic sparks. There are 30 down lights in the house!!! 3 bed semi d... overkill.
    Got the extra insulation and noticed the transformers quite hot so going to get rid.

Gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Any good electrical wholesaler will sell the Gu10 holders seperate to the light fitting. I have seen them in the Robus catalogue as seperates so can be got. Or you can try e bay and see if you can source them there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dont buy the over priced crap from BnQ or Woodies.:rolleyes:

Go to any decent leccy wholesalers instead and get the likes of Robus fittings or Aroura fittings instead.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

gar wrote: »
    Cheers,

I have tried LED versions of the GU5.3 and just can get them with a nice colour. I have gotten the lumeno GU10 and they have the best colour on any LED i have tried or seen.
    They are not original fittings either. Previous owner was a handy man or enthusiastic sparks. There are 30 down lights in the house!!! 3 bed semi d... overkill.
    Got the extra insulation and noticed the transformers quite hot so going to get rid.

Gar

trafos shouldn't be covered

i wouldn't swap out 12v bathroom lights for 230v generally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

I would not buy fittings from B&Q but was just saying they were the only place I had seen anything.
    Geting the lamp holders from City Electrical Factors.
    The existing fitting is like the one in your pic with the seal in the ceiling.
    I just dont trust the traffos in that consealed space. Friend of mine had a small fire because of one...

Gar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

we do em for about 1.60 euro inc vat and are easilly got.

Advertisement