Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A joke gone wrong

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

You're getting owned OP.

They can't charge you with anything but they're taking a statement anyway?

They've turned it around on you. Ultimate prankage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

T2daK wrote: »
    over the top man

Don't get me wrong, I am not gay and have no problem with anyone who is gay. But if someone put my phone number up on a gay site or any site offering me and my services, I would be pretty pissed off and the person who carried out that joke would not be laughing...and I would not be considered a violent person in anyway shape or form. There is a line and the OP crossed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

inverse87 wrote: »
    He has spoken to a mutual friend and said he's planning to "do me for all he can get".

you sure he's not gay? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

If the Garda calls around to your house accompanied by a Biker, a Construction worker, along with a Native American in feathered head-dress, then it's probably a prank-back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Good prank op, to those posters saying you wouldnt see the funny side if it happened to you, are you for real?! Its not not like he labelled this guy a paedo or something perverse or criminal, he just mis represented his sexuality for comic purposes, it happens everyday in every group of friends and its funny, its harmless banter. If you were seriously offended by this prank it follows that you see being gay as wrong, in which case youre an ignorant fool.

I'd say this guy secretly loves the pipe and thus is reacting in such a ridiculous manner.

Set up a profile for yourself on the same gay site as if he was getting you back and if he takes a case, counter claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Good prank op, to those posters saying you wouldnt see the funny side if it happened to you, are you for real?! Its not not like he labelled this guy a paedo or something perverse or criminal, he just mis represented his sexuality for comic purposes, it happens everyday in every group of friends and its funny, its harmless banter. If you were seriously offended by this prank it follows that you see being gay as wrong, in which case youre an ignorant fool.

I'd say this guy secretly loves the pipe and thus is reacting in such a ridiculous manner.

Set up a profile for yourself on the same gay site as if he was getting you back and if he takes a case, counter claim.

Not a good idea, would seem unlikely it was him, given that he is following the course he is... plus it would be too easy to get caught.. plus that would be perverting the course of justice, possibly ... but... but... but... you could always say he tried to do you up the poo-zer. Just you didn't want to say it before... not that I advocate that kind of thing or anything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Something similar happened to me before (text sent with my number-was getting horny teenagers texting me for weeks! Grr) and I pranked back with exactly what your friend was doing. Got a mate to call saying they were the guards and theyd need a statement, then told him they'd be in touch in a few weeks with a court date. He was going to the States the following month and was bricking it that he'd have to stay in Ireland to go to court :D Was epic. We laughed.

Hope your mate is doing the same! If hes actually reported it then its a bit mental-he should have got onto you pissed off if it genuinely offended him, but going that far is a bit of overreaction.

Meh, his word against the OPs plus this guy urinated on the OPs bed so he has previous.

Op if this guy is gonna be a ridiculous prick, play hard ball...although he might enjoy that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Do it again OP for shits and gigs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I want to know how this goes! It sounds like he's just getting ya back though. Don't fret too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I wonder is your friend an insecure homophobe (read secretly gay)? It would explain his OTT reaction here.

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Will this thread be the new Bryan and Ciara? A long thread to see weither the OP and his long lost college buddy make friends again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Jasus OP, If you done that to me the Gaurds would be involved, but to arrest me for beating the fvck out of you. What you done was well past stupid. Be glad you only got a call from the Gardai, weather real or not. Ya Plank...

^ insecure due to being secretly gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    They can't charge you with anything but they're taking a statement anyway? !

Ya, this is pretty suspicious.

I got accused of theft in a club a while back (I didn't do it). The gardai searched me and what not and then told me they'd be in contact if it was going any further. Obviously haven't heard from them since. I suspect they only take statements in actual cases and given the 'garda' on the phone said it wasn't going any further I can't imagine they'd have any need for you to make a statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You ever heard of an IP address. You deserve everything you get OP, its one thing setting up a profile and your mate getting e-mails etc. but to give out his phone number is ridiculous!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

You ever heard of an IP address.

The gardai most likely wouldn't get a warrant for something so petty and I'd love to see them try to convince a company to give out the personal details of members on their Gay Dating site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Yeh, i can see both sides to be honest, it does sound funny reading it now and stuff, but on the other hand if the OP did it to me and thought it was cool/funny he would end up with a soft nose for his troubles, personal details are just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Did he get his hole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

How did you manage to just stick his number up? I can't even set my mates up for pen pals using their email address these days without having to approve a confirmation sent to their email address. It should be the exact same thing from a phone where they text a code you need to input to complete registration. In my line of work which revolves around checking internet sites for child exploitation i tend to venture onto dating sites on occasion and this is common practice. So is the prank the creation of this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The OP should be arrested for pulling such a boring, unoriginal prank. I bet you change people's Facebook statuses to say they love cock too, huh?

• Advertisement

Giving out a phonenumber OP? Jesus like.. Are you 15?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Feck it, [once] close college buddies pulling pranks on each other? I don't see any real harm in it unless he does in fact have teh ghey.

BTW - how does he know it was you that did it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

RichieC wrote: »
    ^ insecure due to being secretly gay.

No I don't fancy you.... Sorry dude but I am happily married with a few kids, so I am not your type.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

I don't think your friend is one bit ott as a matter of fact I think what you have done was very mean , but I also think he is only making you sweat a bit

Theres always one....

Bit of harmless fun I say. By his OTT reaction I'd say its very likely he is gay. In which your doing the guy a favour.

Fair dues

You ever heard of an IP address.
    Ever hear of using a computer thats not at your home address?

Sorry dude but I am happily married with a few kids.
    Bigamist paedo eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am so glad this got moved to AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    ^^

Your a little special aren't you?

His what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

T2daK wrote: »
    What do you mean complete bollocks

Complete = total
    Bollocks = testicles. In this context, a slang word for rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

I got the call from a private number but I was given the garda stations number to ring back if I had any questions. I rang today and asked for the investigating guard. They took a message and said he'd get back to me later.

i got a call from the guards before on a private number... rang back to follow up to make sure it was legit. (rang the station directly with the number i found else where and sure enough that was it !)

but then again i'd say your man is just winding you up and your mates are in on it too... hopefully !

otherwise he's a cunt !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

He has spoken to a mutual friend and said he's planning to "do me for all he can get".
    I have a feeling he's going to threaten me with a solicitor so he can get money out of me. I've been in contact with flac about this but I cant get a meeting with someone till next month. I know I was wrong in what I did but is his reaction out of proportion?
    I've no idea why he didnt get in contact with me first before going to the guards. We used to always play jokes on each other too but maybe I went a bit far with this one.

All you have to say is you were both playing practical jokes on each other. Not your fault he is a sensitive gobsh!te. Why did you hang around with him in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Your friend is a fukn loser who can't take a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

A few of my friends did something similar to me last year OP, was getting weird emails so eventually it clicked. I actually laughed and forgot about it. This thread has reminded me that I forgot my vengeance. Now I'll put my plan in motion. I just have to locate two tools, a bit of rope and a brick:mad:

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Complete bollocks.

Completely agree.
    There seems to be some phenomenon on Boards whereby people pretend to be experts in a certain field by spouting bullshít like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Completely agree.
    There seems to be some phenomenon on Boards whereby people pretend to be experts in a certain field by spouting bullshít like this.

It must be that "all talk" crap they're putting into tea these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

You deserve whatever you get OP, it was a nasty prank to pull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

^^

Agreed.

Internet. Serious business.

People just don't get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The OP's story is very similar to one that went through the UK courts a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

No it wasn't, pretty harmless, if this was done to me I would have laughed a hell of a lot before plotting my own revenge.

A nasty prank would be spraying his car in pink, or changing his mother's name on his phone to his gf's :D
    Pretty harmless giving his number out to gay people. Some people here need to lighten up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

This is my most awesome joke lately,
    got it from alexander pope in scotland.
    i'm not sure how it'll read but "live" it works a treat.

It works best when done with 1 other person (victim) within a group of people

me:
    Whats a pirates favourite animal
    Person1:
    aaarrrrdvark, arrrrrmmadillo etc etc (prompt if required)
    (crowd moans at silly pirate jokes?)

me:
    What rating would you give a pirate film?
    person1:
    an arrrrrrrrr rating (prompt if required!)
    (maybe some polite tittering with head shaking)

me:
    What branch of the military would you put a priate in?
    Person1: the arrrrrrrrmy (joke hinges on person1 saying this)
    me(bluntly): no its the NAVY you dumb B*STARD

LAUGHTER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

me:
    Person1:

me:
    person1:

me:

LAUGHTER

arrrrrgh you just the biggest troll who ever lived? :pac:

Telling jokes are we?....

Q: How many Alzheimer patients does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: To get to the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Meh why do I feel this is a weird troll thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Freyja

So what happened OP???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

me:
    Person1:

me:
    person1:

me:

LAUGHTER

Ha thats a good'un alright:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Ah come on OP - i'm desperate to hear has anything happened???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Well if I was being threatened with legal action the first thing I would do would make a post on another online site admitting guilt.

good show there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Well if I was being threatened with legal action the first thing I would do would make a post on another online site admitting guilt.

good show there

He has already admitted it to the Gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

good show there

Ah but you are sensible ken...

• Advertisement
Advertisement