Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom again!!

Options
  • 20-06-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I used to be in house with UPC Broadband and I then moved to an area where I can not recieve upc and had to go with Eircom. My OS has not been changed since which is my gaming operating system windows xp 64 bit which is only used for gaming. I use windows 7 for everything else (dual boot). So since I have been on eircoms line and broadband I have experienced internet drops every 5-10 mins. when im in my browser, it just hangs and no response. I rang customer care about this issue they could not help me and said it was a problem on my side. Eircom representive level with me now and explain why his is happening! I cant wait until our contract ends and we can then switch to vodafone because this is just ridiculous. Pay more for less i suppose. If someone has any idea whats going and has the same problem please say something. this has been going on for too long

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As always, line stats first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Gerardc wrote: »
    Hi,

I cant wait until our contract ends and we can then switch to vodafone because this is just ridiculous.

Without line stats it's hard to say but most likely Voda won't be any different as it's the same line running into your house...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Also you haven't said if you are using wireless or ethernet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Gerardc wrote: »
    Hi,

I used to be in house with UPC Broadband and I then moved to an area where I can not recieve upc and had to go with Eircom. My OS has not been changed since which is my gaming operating system windows xp 64 bit which is only used for gaming. I use windows 7 for everything else (dual boot). So since I have been on eircoms line and broadband I have experienced internet drops every 5-10 mins. when im in my browser, it just hangs and no response. I rang customer care about this issue they could not help me and said it was a problem on my side. Eircom representive level with me now and explain why his is happening! I cant wait until our contract ends and we can then switch to vodafone because this is just ridiculous. Pay more for less i suppose. If someone has any idea whats going and has the same problem please say something. this has been going on for too long

Hi Gerardc,

Can you PM your eircom telephone number and I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement