Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk Uni -Entry Requirements

• 20-06-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I have an offer from a Scottish University and the required grades I need are A2 in maths, 3 B2s and a C1 however I'm not fully confident that I will have gotten them grades. I really, really want to go there.

I expect to get a B1 in Maths, 2 B1s and 2 C1s and a C3. I know you can ring them and 'pled your case', as my guidance teacher said, but would these grades be good enough to pled with?

Edit: It's for Maths.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

How are we supposed to know? You didn't even say what course it's for...

Ring them up and give it your best shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

._. wrote: »
    Ring them up and give it your best shot.

There's no point in ringing them up until you have your results. Make sure you go in as early as you can to get your results and ring them ASAP even if you get the requirements just to secure your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

well i would think that if a "pleding" option exists, then those grades would definitely be good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You could definitely try... Is this your firm or insurance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

You could definitely try... Is this your firm or insurance?

Firm and it's my absolute dream course! Would take a year out and apply for a similar degree in the same uni but with lower grade requirements if I don't get this...

• Advertisement
Advertisement