Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of the Ireland operators have SMS Gateways that Web Apps can use ?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anybody know if any of the Irish operators have services like Bulk SMS ?

Basically, I will be designing and developing a web based application for an Irish charity and am looking to see if it would be possible to get one of the Irish companies to offer free SMS for use by the web app.
    The provider would have to have a gateway with and API to be be able to call it from the web app etc.
    Anybody know if this is something offered by any of the Irish operators ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

I used to run a gateway that allowed this. You wont get any official APIs as the only reason webtexts exist is so that you go onto the operators site and have a look at what new offers/price plans they've got on offer.

Try Clickatell or another bulk message provider, generally the texts arent too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

TBH I was hoping to open a discussion with the provider and try and get them for free as part of the charity work.
    That's why I was hoping one of the Irish operators would have such a service as it could work as publicity / giveback for them....

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

deadl0ck wrote: »
    TBH I was hoping to open a discussion with the provider and try and get them for free as part of the charity work.
    That's why I was hoping one of the Irish operators would have such a service as it could work as publicity / giveback for them....

Basically I'd be suprised if you'll get the operators to help you. First, they leave sale of SMS to other resellers e.g. Phorest, Clickatell etc. Second, I'd be suprised if they'd be involved in a small sponsorship deal, they're just so big they're more likely to deal with sponsoring football or whatever. Maybe you could sponsor it yourself, you're talking about 5c or less these days for bulk SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

OK - thanks for the info.

Advertisement