Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubstep Dublin and Strangeways, Here We Come

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mr. Mistoffelees

2500bc wrote: »
    Theres your answer...
    obviously so. :D
    Nah mate, you'd love that wouldn't ya? To be honest I couldn't give a f*** what you want to report me for. Had my reasons for putting this up on Boards rather than Facebook, the people I wanted to see it have seen it, so I'm done. You guys can keep posting in between w*anks and games of COD or you can report me. Not fussed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 2500bc

Had my reasons for putting this up on Boards rather than Facebook, :)
    Hiding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Nah mate, you'd love that wouldn't ya? To be honest I couldn't give a f*** what you want to report me for. Had my reasons for putting this up on Boards rather than Facebook, the people I wanted to see it have seen it, so I'm done. You guys can keep posting in between w*anks and games of COD or you can report me. Not fussed :)

Wow, you're so hard. like a rock. a rock that's hard. and you're cool. like a piece of ice. You're hard and cool. like an icy bit of rock. And you're quick. like on wheels. You're quick and cool and hard like an icy bit of rock on wheels. You're my hero…

Is the reason that you didn't post on Facebook is because you couldn't be anonymous because that would be really weird considering you gave out about people doing that in your first post. But you're still cool and hard and quick like an icy bit of rock on wheels. with piercings I bet. And a fringe. An icy bit of rock on wheels with piercings and a fringe. Wow. you rock my world…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Hmmm... definitely some reportable stuff going on there, but that might deprive us all of another demented rant heartfelt post. OP - what else do you love about dubstep dublin/strangeways and their phenomenal brand?

droidus wrote: »
    Hmmm... definitely some reportable stuff going on there, but that might deprive us all of another demented rant heartfelt post. OP - what else do you love about dubstep dublin/strangeways and their phenomenal brand?

My favourite part was at the beginning when he told us how successful they were even though they played sh¡t music…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 2500bc

My favourite part was at the beginning when he told us how successful they were even though they played sh¡t music…
    how has he missed the point.
    Its about the "false representation of dubstep in dublin"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

OP, and thread in general, are ridiculous.

Someone run an IP scan on the OP, he clearly has another boards account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Hang on, so the people here are important enough for you the express your opinion to...but not important enough to comment back on your opinion.

I think a career in the Catholic Church awaits you.

2500bc wrote: »
    how has he missed the point.
    Its about the "false representation of dubstep in dublin"

I thought it was about the aristocracy and the proletariat being chased by anonymous haters.

Is it really not about young lads and lasses with bad piercings and tattoos trying to find a substitute racket to Limp Bizkit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

I feel sorry for the people who've been pushing this sound for years. People like Don Rosco & Stacks, Standard Cru, Reach... they put on countless gigs, did hundreds of radio shows and sets, spent thousands on vinyl and promoted the sound everywhere to a relatively marginal audience, then brostep came along and basically destroyed the sound and now, when dubstep has finally blown up commercially by becoming a bad imitation of **** metal and trance they're accused of 'petty jealousy' by cash-in cretins with no appreciation or interest in the traditions and foundation of the sound.

Its just like d+b all over again.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Pretty much spot on Droidus.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Just put up the bleedin video again will ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tomtom2

When I saw this I had to set up an account to reply.. this is just wow. With reference to the whole MUD playing similar music stuff and not getting slated such as dubstortion... As the point remains they did not create a video like the dubstep dublin crew. I am one of the unfortunate people who got to see this video and yes I cringed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

What is brostep?

What is brostep?

funtcase
    cookie monster
    excision, datsik and what ever else

Producers trying to out filth each other
    Stuff for boys to mosh around to.

A musical dead end

• Registered Users Posts: 34 synthbuyer

tomtom2 wrote: »
    When I saw this I had to set up an account to reply.. this is just wow. With reference to the whole MUD playing similar music stuff and not getting slated such as dubstortion... As the point remains they did not create a video like the dubstep dublin crew. I am one of the unfortunate people who got to see this video and yes I cringed

Dubstep Dublin didnt make the documentary. Thats what the OP was about. It was some peoples college project. I actually agree with what the OP is saying really, people are slagging Dubstep Dublin or Strangeways for no reason really other than their own amusement, with the only arguement they ahve saying that the music is too much like "Brostep", am i right? I'd suggest that ye all get your own night with the momentum being built up over this TBH

synthbuyer wrote: »
    Dubstep Dublin didnt make the documentary. Thats what the OP was about. It was some peoples college project. I actually agree with what the OP is saying really, people are slagging Dubstep Dublin or Strangeways for no reason really other than their own amusement, with the only arguement they ahve saying that the music is too much like "Brostep", am i right? I'd suggest that ye all get your own night with the momentum being built up over this TBH

The OP said they only came across as clueless eejits because of the editing and the "spin" put on the documentary.
    editing in any type of media usually affects the way the subjects are portrayed, most often in a way they would not agree with given the chance to do it themselves. Therefore the name of the documentary, the questions asked, the rest of the footage and the spin put on the whole documentary is not at the discretion of Dubstep Dublin. "

Martin Bashir strikes again

• Registered Users Posts: 34 synthbuyer

well it wasnt made by Dubstep Dublin, it was some college students. irellevant to each other except someone posted it up on dubstep dublins facebook page looks they got them into a bit of trouble here though! i wouldnt call it defamation thoughb just the same, some people have just presumed it was dubstep dublin that did it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DeadlyB

Didn't think people cared so much about student documentary's i suppose you all expect professional scripting and hard facts.Anytime someone has to be interviewed they usually panic cause they dont know what to say so they just bull**** same way all you people are just spouting bull**** here. So an amateur documentary shouldn't really be taking to heart lads.

As for dubstep dublin and bro-step of which im proud to drill into the faces of unsuspecting clubber folk. I welcome the change .and "change" being the magic word here. As your classic dubstep or snorestep has being around a lot longer and is played in clubs all over ireland if your were to start a night playing this type of music you'd be playing the most common sound of all. Snorestep is great but its a tad light hearted. Strangeways plays a more up beat energetic style of dubstep which caters for "a lot" of people. If we were to all listen to snorestep life would be boring dubstep would be boring. It's the people who have the balls to play what the enjoy rather then what Mixmag proclaims as good.

I think the fact is filthy dubstep has more potential as it requires alot more to produce then snorestep (a sub bass wobble obscurely varying its LFO to create an inconsistency with little or no punch).

The thing is both are good and both should be used one to warm up and one to finish up. Brostep - Snorestep each have equally the same amount of good and **** tunes its up to the DJs to filter out the ****.

Strangways is a savage club. Heavy beats, Serious sound, Savage birds, Luxurious surroundings. would you prefer an underground **** hole with 20 people all huddled around one DJ keeping it real.

I don't think it's really about the video anymore - the insights on here from the people invovled in, or who go to, Strangeways is enough.

Tell me, is the club completely populated by spas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Phenomenal.

This is either a really high quality troll or we've just hit the mother lode.

To be fair to the OP, their opinion isn't isolated. There's a lot of it going around.

The basic concept is simple: you can't fake playing good music as it takes a lot of love and dedication. So you can't compete with the people who have been playing the music for years. Solution: revise history, pretend that what you're playing has integrity, and claim a more "up-to-date" version of the music, whilst pandering as much as possible to the masses.

You can fool some of the people some of the time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DeadlyB

I don't think it's really about the video anymore - the insights on here from the people invovled in, or who go to, Strangeways is enough.

Tell me, is the club completely populated by spas?

You could say the same about the people on boards.

It seems pretty easy to make fun of something behind a keyboard as you finish off that third bowel of ice cream. But getting off your fat ass and provide a substitute for what your saying i doubt you would succeed.
    It's a club night and there doing well for themselves but but there will allways be haters and jealous twats looking to **** on everything.If you try hard enough you can find a downside to anything but it leaves you a miserable c"nt. If the music isn't up to your standard then its a clear sign of aging your becoming senile hater.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

and they say brostep only appeals to people of below average intelligence.

Well with all the well-reasoned defenses, perfect grammar, and well formed arguments on this thread I think it's safe to say that that these dudes got it going on and we're all a bunch of ice cream eating, COD playing, compulsively masturbating, anonymous keyboard warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭francois

DeadlyB wrote: »
    . If the music isn't up to your standard then its a clear sign of aging your becoming senile hater.

What the hell does age have to do with taste?

stfu grandad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

we're all a bunch of ice cream eating, COD playing, compulsively masturbating, anonymous keyboard warriors.

Well I know I am.
    If the music isn't up to your standard then its a clear sign of aging your becoming senile hater

Love this.

It's hard to keep up with this generation, really. They're just so cutting edge. The britneyspearsification of dubstep is a mark of pure genius. It wasn't thought of a million times before with every single other genre.

They're onto something foreal.

genuinely curious here, but do people automatically think that internet smart-arses are some socially maladroit shut-ins?
    because knowing a lot of dudes who are funny cúnts online in real life, it really doesn't seem to be the case. Not in music circles anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I think the fact is filthy dubstep has more potential as it requires alot more to produce then snorestep (a sub bass wobble obscurely varying its LFO to create an inconsistency with little or no punch).

It doesn't. It really, really doesn't. I'm guessing you're not a producer.

As for dubstep dublin and bro-step of which im proud to drill into the faces of unsuspecting clubber folk. I welcome the change .and "change" being the magic word here. As your classic dubstep or snorestep has being around a lot longer and is played in clubs all over ireland if your were to start a night playing this type of music you'd be playing the most common sound of all. Snorestep is great but its a tad light hearted. Strangeways plays a more up beat energetic style of dubstep which caters for "a lot" of people. If we were to all listen to snorestep life would be boring dubstep would be boring. It's the people who have the balls to play what the enjoy rather then what Mixmag proclaims as good.

So this was just some ironic hipster thing all along, Comedy gold,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

WTF is Snorestep?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement