Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubstep Dublin and Strangeways, Here We Come

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Angela Merkle

from @ruskoofficial on twitter

I have no idea whAts happened to Dubstep. Where's the funk n groove gone it's all distortion and aggression.... Laptop open changing things.

21 Oct 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

DeadlyB wrote: »
    Big list of 3-5 year old well known dubstep

When's the last time you listened to any new dubstep mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

inov8rmrkIItbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

from @ruskoofficial on twitter

I have no idea whAts happened to Dubstep. Where's the funk n groove gone it's all distortion and aggression.... Laptop open changing things.

21 Oct 2010

Rusko is out of the loop across the water methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tomtom2

@deadlyB Britney Spears' album has been released and his track didn't make the cut but that's beside the point just informing you.

Anyway side note cheers for that list of all tracks "snorestep" dj's produce you've helped me prepare for my next gig.

Seriously though "snorestep" dj's do drop a lot of the same tracks because they are tried tested and approved there are still a lot of producers coming out with great "snorestep" so there is a lot more than the same set over and over.

People producing filth probably outnumber "snorestep" 30 to 1 but just because its there's more new tracks being produced doesn't mean they're all good and die out very soon. Bass Cannon is old now at this point feels over played. Any DMZ track has proved they can stand the test of time

• Advertisement

tomtom2 wrote: »
    Seriously though "snorestep" dj's do drop a lot of the same tracks because they are tried tested and approved there are still a lot of producers coming out with great "snorestep" so there is a lot more than the same set over and over.

Seriously, what nights do you go to? I haven't heard any of the above tracks played in a long time, apart from maybe one classic dubstep track every now and again as a hark back to the old stuff.

The huge majority of dubstep DJs that don't play chainsaw dubstep play new, and even a lot of unreleased dubs, all the Swamp81 stuff etc.

Seems like anyone who expresses their opinion on dubstep in Dublin on the internet doesn't actually have a clue what they're talking about.

Not gona lie I didn't read through that full list but there are a few old tracks still being played from my experiences. I have stated that there is also a lot of new tracks coming out. You have also quoted it in your response.

I am not or have not said at all that I am well educated in dubstep I do appreciate that more people know much more than me and frequent a lot more gigs than I do but I do like to think I have a decent amount of knowledge and stand by my point sorta. However I probably should have read through deadlyb's assumptions before replying :)

However I probably should have read through deadlyb's assumptions before replying :)

I just read through the list of tracks.. My god I wish I never wrote that reply. It mainly comprises of Benga and Skream my bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Seems like anyone who expresses their opinion on dubstep in Dublin on the internet doesn't actually have a clue what they're talking about.

Don't be so hard on yourself...

Nout wrong with Benga and Skream, provided you never ever see them dj and ignore everything after 07

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DeadlyB

I just read through the list of tracks.. My god I wish I never wrote that reply. It mainly comprises of Benga and Skream my bad!

I'm not too gone on them either. they have made some savage tunes. there Bad dj's seen them play at Bloc 2010 was comedy. I've never seen such blatant abuse of rewinds in my life. The mc didn't help either.

Skream - Rutten. (great tune)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmM6vVFrao

Skream - Make me ( Also savage)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlfDYzEb9jU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Angela Merkle

inov8rmrkIItbh
    prozac kicked in

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Dubstep + xtc4nrg10xlr8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GordonAgnew

Jesus-facepalming-Christ...

Brostep or Snorestep Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Rusko is producing britney spears album. That is actually the worst place anyone could have taken it.

Rusko didn't do ****, he produced a few tunes and none of them got picked up for the album, upon attaining a miserable fail on his attempt to go commercial he then decided to pretend like he wasn't heavily involved in what he would proclaim to be the death of Dubstep and desperately try to pretend none of it ever happened.

The north Americans got dubstep by the balls turned it into Robostep Megatron sounding sh!t.

The likes of Excision, datsik and now skrillex, who was previously in a post hardcore band. All the little scene kids in the US needed something new when post hardcore died. Electronic dance music is taking off in a big way in the US, although they are ruining certain genres, especially Dubstep.

Its far away from its roots, you ask an American kid what dubstep is and all you will hear is filth, melt my face plz.

Rusko sums it up in this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEuFTBG0Rbg

@Logical Fallacy - Rusko may not have got picked to be on the britney spears album but he still produced music for it.Now he makes Psytrance Dubstep.So im not too concerned about what he thinks is ruining dubstep what he makes currently is worse then anything i've heard. Check link
    Rusko's everyday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDAX2aVWAag

You guys put bro-step down to all rotten records releases. It seems that one label is causing all the damage. It's an American based label along with "Play Me Records" and Skrillex. why generalize based on an Americanized saturation of the music. And then reference rusko who is clearly a commercial producer. its **** vs ****

even the well known snorestep heads make a heavy tune now and then but you wouldn't classify it as brostep it's just heavy. Get on the future garage buzz if your sick of the heavy **** i recommend - Burial - Synkro - Indigo and Ruckspin its way more up your alley and its only a matter of time before you start hating on it.:pac:

even the well known snorestep heads make a heavy tune now and then but you wouldn't classify it as brostep it's just heavy.

Yes. That's because brostep isn't a real genre, it's a derogatory word for bad dubstep. What you call 'snorestep' is called 'dubstep', and what you call 'brostep', is shite dubstep. It's called brostep because it was championed by American idiots that didn't have a clue about UK bass.

Also, I don't think many people in this thread are looking for music reccommendations from someone who thinks this.

• Advertisement

Yes. That's because brostep isn't a real genre, it's a derogatory word for bad dubstep. What you call 'snorestep' is called 'dubstep', and what you call 'brostep', is shite dubstep. It's called brostep because it was championed by American idiots that didn't have a clue about UK bass.

Also, I don't think many people in this thread are looking for music reccommendations from someone who thinks this.

Never said it was a genre mate.No what i call, dubstep is 140bpm tunes that are have a dominant snare on the 3 beat with an automated LFO bassline. heavy or slow - all this Brostep originated with the people who decided there taste in tunes was superior to others who were doing better then them. Snorestep is your own language. I wouldn't label tunes generally but when dealing with ignorant thicko's I generally have to bring it down to there level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You guys put bro-step down to all rotten records releases.

Yeah, we all do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GordonAgnew

facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

Remember the band Steps? Stick a wobble bassline under them and you'll have a new band called Dubsteps!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Snorestep is your own language. I wouldn't label tunes generally but when dealing with ignorant thicko's I generally have to bring it down to there level.
    Ya big clown, you were the first person to use that term in this thread.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ya big clown, you were the first person to use that term in this thread.

If you keep reading that quote you might finally get it ?

Gordon your in denial kid. your obviously too much of a wuss to stick up for the boys. more concerned about how people view you on a gammy form. Shows how much you really care

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

He's still going I see?

CiaranMT wrote: »
    He's still going I see?

So is everyone else,Seems like there really just beating there heads against a brick wall. It's exactly what i've come to expect from this forums snorestep lovers. Pretentious chin-scratcher Gomies with an appetite for talking sh*t with people who don't really give a f*ck to began with.They fact you partipated in this debate shows you actually haven't a clue.

DJ DEADLYBUZZ's Wise words - your only playing other peoples music when your mixing your records. Your not cool your just able to change records and correct pitch. Of course you will label another club night as the new cool spot for all the kids who wanna mosh.You lack the ability to make a room dance or fill a room.So don't think for a second you know what your talking about.
    You'll will never be respected or get respect untill you start pushing your own sound. Which is very scarce in Ireland cause of people like you putting down other crews and trying to get everyone to play the same old records that have being heard on every Snorestep mix ever . Untill you learn to appreciate what other people have to offer and stop thinking the world revolves around your music taste. then there could be hope. Until then you can allways count on those 20 heads to come to your gig cause you all met up on the internet and wanked over each others shiny new dubplates. Discussing music like you invented it. :confused:

tempz1.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

So is everyone else,Seems like there really just beating there heads against a brick wall. It's exactly what i've come to expect from this forums snorestep lovers. Pretentious chin-scratcher Gomies with an appetite for talking sh*t with people who don't really give a f*ck to began with.They fact you partipated in this debate shows you actually haven't a clue.

DJ DEADLYBUZZ's Wise words - your only playing other peoples music when your mixing your records. Your not cool your just able to change records and correct pitch. Of course you will label another club night as the new cool spot for all the kids who wanna mosh.You lack the ability to make a room dance or fill a room.So don't think for a second you know what your talking about.
    You'll will never be respected or get respect untill you start pushing your own sound. Which is very scarce in Ireland cause of people like you putting down other crews and trying to get everyone to play the same old records that have being heard on every Snorestep mix ever . Untill you learn to appreciate what other people have to offer and stop thinking the world revolves around your music taste. then there could be hope. Until then you can allways count on those 20 heads to come to your gig cause you all met up on the internet and wanked over each others shiny new dubplates. Discussing music like you invented it. :confused:

I don't really know what your problem is at this stage. Have you finally figured out you can't masturbate out the frustration of being a retard and are looking for some other form of release?

If you're running a successful night that caters to other young lads unable to get their hole and you enjoy listening to music that makes you feel like you're being raped by Fred Durst what's your problem? Are you looking for approval? You spent the last few pages doing your little man routine bitching about other people's taste in music and about people not liking what you like. Tbh, it is getting extremely boring. Accept that some people will think your taste is crap, just like some people think mine is, and get on with it. Jesus, you're like a terrier that got a kick in the testicles...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement