Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - Man with a Van Tues 21st, Kilkenny to Carlow

Options
  • 20-06-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hey all strange request but I found a fabulous table today in TK Maxx in Kilkenny & I LOVE it, had to walk away though because I drive a 2-seater car & couldnt possibly take it away today (its about 4 ft X 4ft X 2ft) But the sad thing is I havent stopped thinking about this bloody table all day!
    Anyway... (Im crossing all my fingers here...)
    Would someone out there be willing to go into TK Maxx in Kilkenny tomorrow, (Tuesday 21st) BUY the table (€140) & deliver it to me in Carlow town? I can meet you anytime & I will then pay you in person.
    I dont have the table 'put by' because I couldnt guarantee that I could collect it so I'll have to ring them first thing to check that they still have it.
    This is not dodgy I swear! but I genuinely cant think of how to get the table & thought this was worth a try!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

So sorry, I just realised that this should be in the 'where to...?' thread. Can the mod move it there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Look in the phonebook for courier service's in carlow. There's a few around town. Then have them collect it. This will entail you having to go back and pay for the table yourself.

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    This will entail you having to go back and pay for the table yourself.

Thanks Lucyfur09 but thats what I was hoping to avoid, no point wasting fuel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Have you tried tkmaxx's online store?. They might deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You are unlikely to find anyone who will go and buy the table then deliver to you and let you reimburse them. What if you changed your mind? Only way it could happen really is if you pay for the table and then pay someone to collect it or give the courier the money for the table before they collect it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

bytheglass wrote: »
    Hey all strange request but I found a fabulous table today in TK Maxx in Kilkenny & I LOVE it, had to walk away though because I drive a 2-seater car & couldnt possibly take it away today (its about 4 ft X 4ft X 2ft) But the sad thing is I havent stopped thinking about this bloody table all day!
    Anyway... (Im crossing all my fingers here...)
    Would someone out there be willing to go into TK Maxx in Kilkenny tomorrow, (Tuesday 21st) BUY the table (€140) & deliver it to me in Carlow town? I can meet you anytime & I will then pay you in person.
    I dont have the table 'put by' because I couldnt guarantee that I could collect it so I'll have to ring them first thing to check that they still have it.
    This is not dodgy I swear! but I genuinely cant think of how to get the table & thought this was worth a try!

Where in Carlow are you

Hi Carpenter,

Thanks for enquiring, I was away from 22nd onwards do that is why I needed it delivered on the 21st.

Not to worry though, A kind soul sorted it out for me in the end!

Advertisement