Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General feeling and in exam demotivation

• 20-06-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

How have people found the exams. Do you feel you will get the points you want? And also in the case of people going for a's if a part catches you in an exam and you see the a slipping from you do you get demotivated to finish the exam? Happened to me and then I get paranoid and start panicing....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cabbage kid

Yeah that happened to me in English. It's terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I've had a general sense of deflation during this whole thing. I couldn't really perform well on the day, despite all my work over the last 2 years. Disappointing considering I won't get my 500 now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

Throughout the year I felt a general unease and constant guilt because I felt I wasn't studying enough etc.. That has led to me feeling craptastic regarding the real exams. Geography in particular was hard for me. I did well in the mocks and rested on my laurels in that subject relative to my other subjects following the midterm. I have serious doubts about getting my course.

At least I have my limbs, as my friend would say!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

mpdg wrote: »
    Throughout the year I felt a general unease and constant guilt because I felt I wasn't studying enough etc.. That has led to me feeling craptastic regarding the real exams. Geography in particular was hard for me. I did well in the mocks and rested on my laurels in that subject relative to my other subjects following the midterm. I have serious doubts about getting my course.

At least I have my limbs, as my friend would say!:)

When I glanced at that word first I thought it was a really sophisticated word I'd never heard of and I'd have to take out the dictionary :P

/back to the point

My day 1 was terrible. I wanted an A in both English and Home Ec and both went terrible.

English paper 1 (as you probably know beacuse I've been complaining since the day) I left out part 3 of question 1 and thats 5% of the English grade!!

I was so upset after I found out about that that I just wasn't bothered any more about Home Ec so I did terribly. Am now expecting a lovely B3 or less in both :(

Apart from that, I can tell you I did very little study for the exams as a whole but after day 1 they were ok!

Trying to stop myself from disecting the papers is veeery hard though :(

I can not predict what I'll get. Want 480 minimum but for all I know I could get as low as 420 or as high as 510.. well.. :P

LML: I know exactly how you feel about English and Home-ec:(

I really get the feeling that I've done myself an injustice. I'm well capable of getting in to the mid-500's, but it's impossible now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I feel my A2 in maths is just out of reach and I need it for my course! Other than that I am generally happy (except I'm dreading Applied Maths).

My tip is to go in with confidence. Although I hate study and avoided it to a certain extent, I still went in to each exam (bar French) with confidence... I came out with the same, if not more, confidence than I went in with! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

_meehan_ wrote: »
    LML: I know exactly how you feel about English and Home-ec:(

I really get the feeling that I've done myself an injustice. I'm well capable of getting in to the mid-500's, but it's impossible now!

Same. This feeling is so crap isn't it! I'd be so disappointed if I got under say.. 490, although I know it could well happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

I feel so bad now, was expecting to do quite well but I came out of literally all of my exams thinking they were quite hard and then listening to the majority of people saying they were grand! Maybe I'm just being really picky and concentrating too much on minor issues but nevertheless I have zero confidence about getting what I'd like to get! Oh well...I suppose I'll just forget about it and enjoy the summer :)

Same. This feeling is so crap isn't it! I'd be so disappointed if I got under say.. 490, although I know it could well happen :(

I'm the same! My lowest acceptable points would be 490, after that, I'd be seriously annoyed and disappointed with myself. I think the fact that everyone expects me to do well doesn't help either...:(

As Sarah said though...there's a summer to be enjoyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Made some seriously stupid mistakes the first week but I think I'll still pull through :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

I went into my exams with confidence to a certain extention, but some of those b*stards in the Department really did f*ck me about at times.

Disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Generally happy. Maths paper 1 was disheartening, and I thought Geography was perfect until I realised I read at least 1, maybe 3 questions wrong.

Don't think I'll reach my potential points-wise, but my course is about 50 under what I'm aiming for so hopefully it'll be ok!

And between Thursday afternoon and August.... DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK :pac:

Yes, I'm cool. :cool:

Advertisement