Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The leaving cert time table - If you do Japanese and Spanish

• 20-06-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I was looking at the timetable for the Leaving Cert this year and I noticed that some subjects were on at the same time.

What happens for people that do both Religion and Applied Math

Or both Italian and Japanese.

Or some one who does Construction, Classical Studies and Latin.

Or Irish and Russian.

They are on at the same times.

5283677535_ec5e5ecbe8_b.jpg

Edit: My title doesn't make sense, I meant Japanese and Italian.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

You do one exam at the time allotted. You get a 30 minute supervised break and then you do the other exam.

One guy here does Construction Studies and Latin or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Ya you do one of the exams at the allotted time and do the other after a supervised break.

Think Eoin Jackson (the guy that did 30 LC subjects last year) did Religion, Applied Maths and Japanese on the last day last year or something like that and didn't finish his exams until 8.30 that night.

For the guy doing Construction and Classics. He'll sit one from 2 - 5 and I guess he'll have an hour supervised break to allow him and the supervisor get dinner and do the other from 6.00 -8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

Yep, that's me. Construction 2-5, Latin 5.30-8.30. Apparently I have to do construction first because it's listed first but a friend of mine is doing Classics first then Construction. Not sure what the point is. You get a letter from the Department explaining everything, not as complicated as one might think really

Oh, and you not allowed sit Classics and Latin in the Leaving Cert. It's one or the other

Advertisement