Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@rcadeCon Fighting Game Tournaments - July 1st-3rd, D4 Hotels Ballsbridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I must say there are some hard workers in the Irish fgc well done lads, pity d4 staff didn't rly know what they were doin

oh yeah shoutouts to joe teaching chun li how to play chun li

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That was brilliant and ramshackle at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Awesome day. GGs to Rachel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs to Steve Rogers

• Advertisement

"I'd like a table for five please.

My name is Steve Rogers"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

"I'd like a table for five please.

My name is Steve Rogers"

Screw Eddie Rockets man, there's a place on Grafton Street you should have went to.

Sairus wrote: »
    Screw Eddie Rockets man, there's a place on Grafton Street you should have went to.

Where do you think he said that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Umm hey, I'm new here so I thought I'd post in this thread because I was at the arcade con tournaments. I probably met a lot of you guys there. I know specifically Sairus, Vao, and Xinkai. I played Xinkai in the BB tournament, I was Tager against his Platinum/Lambda. Also got destroyed in MVC3 and MK9. Anyways a couple people told me to sign up for boards.ie and post in the fighting games thread, so here I am.

Umm hey, I'm new here so I thought I'd post in this thread because I was at the arcade con tournaments. I probably met a lot of you guys there. I know specifically Sairus, Vao, and Xinkai. I played Xinkai in the BB tournament, I was Tager against his Platinum/Lambda. Also got destroyed in MVC3 and MK9. Anyways a couple people told me to sign up for boards.ie and post in the fighting games thread, so here I am.

Good to see some new blood, that's what makes cons worthwhile for me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I was Tager

Awesome username!

I would have been disappointed if you played any character other than Tager.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Welcome power of science we can always use more players. And your tager will be a welcome change from Voas gimmicks r us tager:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

That's the only way to play Tager.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

apparently there was a sweet tager tearing it up at qcon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

apparently there was a sweet tager churning it up at qcon

Fix'd.

Also, Tager needs his gimmicks :D He a gimmicky character. Pity Zen hate his gimmick and refuse to give him a useful meter to show when he's about to go from having combos to not.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

That's why Tager is top tier for about 2 weeks with every new BB release. Tager is all gimmicks with no real solid options, no matter how good the player is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Man I heard they got the miz to make an appearance at this along with guile and chun li

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Vyze wrote: »
    That's why Tager is top tier for about 2 weeks with every new BB release. Tager is all gimmicks with no real solid options, no matter how good the player is.

says you :p I still remember that great tager comeback :D

but yeah what he says is true, tager will always be the character the fck up noobs, that don't ahve a block string and alway making mistakes. Since tager can only really win on peoples mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

apparently there was a sweet tager tearing it up at qcon

Don't believe the hype, there was a Tager in finals but he was literally just churning the butter something fierce.

Must have had a really easy draw, I had to go through a much better new Tager to get out of my group (thank you favourable matchup). Can't quite remember how Yreval met his end, think he got put out by Jarvy right after I did but I'm not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Don't believe the hype, there was a Tager in finals but he was literally just churning the butter something fierce.

Must have had a really easy draw, I had to go through a much better new Tager to get out of my group (thank you favourable matchup). Can't quite remember how Yreval met his end, think he got put out by Jarvy right after I did but I'm not too sure.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/treatments/healthy_living/nutrition/healthy_salt.shtml#too_much_salt
    Too much salt

Symptoms of increased salt intake include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal cramps. High concentrations of sodium in the body can also result from excessive water or fluid loss. Persistently high levels of sodium in the blood can result in swelling, high blood pressure, difficulty in breathing, and heart failure, and may be fatal.

A high dietary salt intake is an important causal factor in the development of hypertension (high blood pressure), which currently affects 32 per cent of men and 30 per cent of women in the UK. Hypertension increases the risk of strain on the heart, enlarges the heart muscle, prevents an adequate blood (and therefore oxygen) supply from reaching the heart, and may lead to heart failure, angina or heart attack.

Seriously, though - if people were losing to it then he had no reason to stop throwing out 360s. Why change a strat that people aren't finding a way around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I was watching his match with Tsukiko - I think it was in the semi-finals. He was getting away with purple throws left, right and centre, but even then he didn't win too decisively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Vyze; from what I heard, he was mucking 720's after GF, and getting AC off it.

So either his terribad execution was a BRILLIANT mindgame, playing on the Con sensibility and beasting people with enough knowledge to try to counter what he was doing, but what he wasn't really doing...or he got real lucky.

I wouldn't know, I didn't see the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

chueytoo wrote: »
    . Since tager can only really win on peoples mistakes.

Disagree, I can usually do pretty good on my solid combos alone. It is only very recently that I started punishing with 360 and 720. Though I agree that Tager is based around punishing, but that is not the only way to win. I promise I don't suck as bad as I did in the tourney, dropping every Atomic collider whiff combo. I went home right after I lost at MVC3 and was pulling off those combos every time no problem. Maybe it was tournament nerves, I dunno but Xinkai also played Lambda really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Best be trollin', I got put out good and proper by Jarvy - this guy was on the other side of the bracket where presumably nobody was using projectiles or jumping. :pac:
    Why change a strat that people aren't finding a way around?

It wasn't working in the final, 360s were being neutral jumped time and time again and I didn't see a single attempt to collider or 2C, just more 360s.

From what I saw I just don't think we're dealing with some kind of Tager prodigy here.

The con organisers have put up a survey here - chance to give feedback on the event.

Before I upload the various finals for the events there were far more important videos that needed your attention.

(I'll get the finals up as soon as I can!)

Here's the BB final. I'll have the rest up tomorrow.

Joe with his gdlk footsies XD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Onion:

ssf2-deejay2.jpg

• Advertisement

Let it just be known that I completely whipped Onion's ass in that battle - I was just too GDLK to be recorded on my turn :P

Advertisement