Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insect/pest repellant plug ins - are they safe to use in pregnancy?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭

Do the ultrasounds emitted by the plug in pest repellants effect a baby in pregnancy? We've just started using one here and junior seems to be moving about, maybe a coincidence, but just wondering if anyone knows about it?

Nothing's coming up on google.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I had to attend a wedding abroad last July and was told by my GP that getting bitten by a mosquito was far more dangerous than any potential side affects from the creams but ask your pharmacist to recommend one as some of them are not recommended in pregnancy, haven't a clue what one i ended up using it was a white & cream tube AFAIK, as for the plug ins we used one of them in the room at night but as I was only about 4 months at the time I wouldn't have noticed a difference in kicking activity anyway
    Sorry I can't be more help! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

thanks for the reply Angelfire...maybe I'm being a little OTT :o lol

Advertisement