Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing New Bike from UK - Ex UK VAT

• 20-06-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the above? I've searched Boards and found a few threads but no one has ever followed up on it.

I'm going to be in touch with a number of dealers tomorrow about Form VAT 411 which allows non resident buyers to be exempted from VAT - allowing the buyer to subsequently pay VAT back in Ireland. Just want to see whether it is as easy to do as it sounds. It definitely beats having to be hit twice for VAT when it comes to new vehicles.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Plenty of people did it in the Motors forum.

From what I remember you need to make sure that the dealer is willing to deal ex VAT and then just hand over the money.

BTW you only pay VAT once so even if the dealer won't entertain the 411 you can still buy the bike and reclaim the UK VAT, if you can afford to leave money tied up for a while. But if the dealer won't entertain the 411 form find a different dealer.

Are your licences valid for the bike you want? I heard of person who bought a bike in Belfast but due to bad luck and timing hasn't passed their A test yet and the Belfast shop won't release the bike till they have a licence.

Advertisement