Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games or Franchises that stopped being fun

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

FIFA and PES for me the last few years. Used to be that i'd play one or the other for the full year, up until the next iteration. Nowadays though they gets a month or two of solid play and then very infrequently after that. They've just become completely stale, or in PES's case, straight up bad.

Also got bored of COD after the first modern warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

gamercfc wrote: »
    Well hopefully the new Res' Evil game that's in development now could redeem itself back into scare-mode because the proper man-eating zombies are back by the looks of it! :D

The new Res game looks utter tripe from the gameplay vids. I can usually tell very accurately for gameplay vid if a game is any good or not and I am preety much spot on all the time. It will redeem nothing at all. It will be a sub par squad shooter featuring zombies, with average graphics, controls and gameplay mechanics.

Benzino wrote: »
    Operation Flashpoint - Great first game and expansion packs, all downhill after the developers changed

Developers didn't change, the name did :Dand the series is getting better and better with ARMA and ARMA2. ARMA 3 is due out next year.

It's Codemaster in house that tried to get back in on the cake Bohemia Inc were enjoying and made a dogs dinner of it, twice. They owned the FP name and IP property.

Series that got wrecked for me are:

Rainbow Six:
    When from an 8 man squad on anti terrorist missions around the world to a 3 man rambo team in Vegas taking out 100s or terrorists and the odd gunship.:mad:

Ghost Recon:
    Went from an 8 man, up to 4 team, squad based fps taking on delicate missions when the US could not be openly seem to get involved in conflicts in former Soviet and Middle Eastern states. Now, a 3rd person action shooter blowing the kripes out of Mexico and countless choppers with a tiny squad of guys.

Advertisement