Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom!! Contract and moving address

Options
  • 20-06-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi! I have a 12 month contract for broadband with eircom which ends in october. I am moving house and would prefer to cancel it but they said there will be a cancellation fee and that I could transfer it to the new place. I also asked would I have to get a new contract doing this. So I decided I'd do this. This was last week. I wanted to keep the internet over the weekend so she told me to ring back today to transfer it. I did and was taliking to someone else that said Ihave to make a new 12 month contract!!!! It's so frustrating!Is this right?anyone know how I can get out of this please??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Scrappy112 wrote: »
    Is this right?

It is, if that's what is in the T&Cs of your existing contract.

eircom will be able to give you a definitive answer, so moving this to the eircom forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi! I have a 12 month contract for broadband with eircom which ends in october. I am moving house and would prefer to cancel it but they said there will be a cancellation fee and that I could transfer it to the new place. I also asked would I have to get a new contract doing this. So I decided I'd do this. This was last week. I wanted to keep the internet over the weekend so she told me to ring back today to transfer it. I did and was taliking to someone else that said Ihave to make a new 12 month contract!!!! It's so frustrating!Is this right?anyone know how I can get out of this please??

Hi Scrappy112,

I am afraid that if you set up a new eircom connection at a new address the 12 month contract will apply. if a customer is under contract with eircom we can negate the existing early cease charges in lieu of the customer agreeing to a new 12 month contract.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Scrappy112

I want to transfer the account with me to the new address. Do I have the contract or does the house?Why did the woman I was talking to on friday say that I wouldn't have to have a new contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I want to transfer the account with me to the new address. Do I have the contract or does the house?Why did the woman I was talking to on friday say that I wouldn't have to have a new contract?

Hi Scrappy112,

I apologise for the misinformation you received from the agent, however I can only advise you of the correct process and terms and contions.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement