Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inch Island. Loch Gowna

• 20-06-2011 10:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

Hi. Im new to kayaking and though a good swimmer and owner of a wonderful life jacket:D Im being a very good boy and taking baby steps. I mainly bought my modest little flat water kayak because Im a bit of a history nerd and want to visit some lake islands with ruins. I have plans for my first big excursion to Inch Island on Loch Gowna in Longford. I have been trawling Google Street View etc to find a good spot to launch from and THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE ROUTE! There is a wee harbour at Dring but im wondering if any one else has been out to Inch and can advise.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

I don't know the area. But apart from the shortest route, watch for currents and check the weather so that it isn't a bad day. Www.met.ie or wind guru for the wind speeds.

Sometimes the shortest route is the most exposed. :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

ZuppyLurk wrote: »
    I don't know the area. But apart from the shortest route, watch for currents and check the weather so that it isn't a bad day. Www.met.ie or wind guru for the wind speeds.

Sometimes the shortest route is the most exposed. :-)

Thanks for that. I've spoken to a few locals and have it sussed. inch island here I come...

So how did it go??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

havent done it yet!!!!

Oops! Sorry I jumped the gun.

Well hurry up then :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement