Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Tower Defense

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I loved it too, but my netbook was SO slow. Still, it's awesome when not on a POS machine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just started palying, this seems fun. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember coming across this on one game website I was on before, but it was on 2.7 I think.. Glad to see they are still working on it, it's pretty fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Been playing it all day too. Stuck on Mistys gym for hours now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I got bored about two minutes after my last comment. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Very clever twist on the Tower Defense genre. Would love to see this on the DS. Having to pay for level ups and maintain a team rather than starting from scratch on every level really makes you think about what to catch and padding out the team versus advancing what you've got. It's also the first time I've ever appreciated String Shot as a power :) Played as far as Veridian, got creamed by the super-strong Pikachus but I've just got a Geodude, maybe I can level him up and magnitude their a$$es.

Did everyone get their shiny Spearow mystery gift?

no but ive got two shiny zubats so far

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Started playing this yesterday, but don't think I'll bother anymore. The game just has a way of putting a wall in front of progress with levels either just batter everything, protect the candy, protect the 3 Geodudes (with no way of saving them if the wild creatures get them :/), or guess the way to kill Kyorgre after attacking it for 15 minutes and dealing little or no damage.

Good game, just annoying when you lose the level with no clue to what you did wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

If anybody needs any help or high level pokemon, or even shinies, PM me and I'll give them! :D

Gaaah that old rod challenge was driving me mad, finally got the damned thing...
    I love this game. Kudos, OP!

• Advertisement

Imma just say, frak the Cerulean Gym and same to the Mt. Moon challenge. Le bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

This is good craic, anyone wanna trade?

What are you looking for? I don't have much to offer... at least not much that is worth having that I'm willing to give up (just got a shiny Mew and shiny Charmander off some dude on the PTD facebook group).

Note : Trading is one-way. You get a code to view the Pokemon, you get a second code to accept it. There's no obligation to send anything back.

I'm not far into it yet, I'm playing Blue. So far I've seen weedles, caterpies, mankeys, jigglypuffs, both flavours of Nidoran and spearows. Not great but if there's anything in there that you can't get in Red, say the word.

Without cheating you wont see much more than that. Ive beaten all the levels except mt moon 2 and havnt seen much more than that.

Have a few shinys but when i saw how easy it is to cheat i kinda lost interest

Been trading with myself. Got me a shiny Fearow now, all the starters, both Nidoran, etc... WTF if up with Kyogre?!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

My guess is that it's using Rest over and over, you would need a couple of really good powerful Pokemon to almost ohko it. Sleep or poison don't seem to work either

I beat it first time with graveller and charmeleon. Not sure what levels though. If you get graveller with rock blast its easy enough

Banjo wrote: »
    What are you looking for? I don't have much to offer... at least not much that is worth having that I'm willing to give up (just got a shiny Mew and shiny Charmander off some dude on the PTD facebook group).

I've got 2 spare Beedrills and a Mankey to give away.

On my team: Charmelion, Pidgeotto, Raticate, Nidoking, Arcanine and Beedrill.

Is level 36 the highest a pokémon can go?

Is level 36 the highest a pokémon can go?

The cap is going to 40 tomorrow night!

• Advertisement

Cheers, how long has it been out?

About 2 months or so now, updated every week

Good aul game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

About 2 months or so now, updated every week

I remember seeing a screenshot by chance on google images and thinking "That'd be class, Pokemon bloons!" not even bothering to google it :rolleyes:

Reached Cerulean Gym 1 - new Mon encountered along the way : Bellsprout, Pikachu, Vulpix, Poliwag, Abra, zubat. Gimme a shout if you can't be arsed catching your own :)

The gym is destroying me (web folk suggest level 25+ mon, mine are in their late teens at best) and the Magikarps on it are quicker than a greased turd round a u-bend. Still haven't caught one.

Mt Moon 2 is like a broken ATM by the way, you generate a tonne of cash by playing it. Perfect for leveling up all thos mon who you couldn't afford to evolve. Just set up your team, walk away and by the time you're finished your coffee you'll be rich!

Incidentally, in case you were worried, you can catch more mon than will fit under the team selection bar, I've just started my second page.

Oh yeah, and this week's mystery gift is a non-shiny onix.

Just caught a shiny Pidgey! w00t!

Edit : And a shiny Zubat. Score.

Anyway, caught a couple of spares if anyone wants them. Open you profile, go to Trading and click on Receive Trade. Tehn enter the Preview code (the first 14 digits), and once you have the preview use the security code (4 digits) to receive it. If it doesn't work, someone beat you to it, trade codes only work once. Note, trades are one way, you don't have to send something back.

Magikarp - Lv10 -14e09d3d7c147e - e7f4
    Magikarp - Lv10 - 14e09d6e97d3cf - 2043
    Magikarp - Lv10 - 14e09d7129dd05 - 32aa
    Vulpix - L12 - 14e09d47978b20 - cca3
    Clefairy - L8 - 14e09d4aab617a - 5f82
    Bellsprout - L12 - 14e09d4d7ad719 - 7b88

Also, using the additional profiles and trading you can easily trade your main profile a few spare starters!

Can't believe it's a year since I was playing this game. Anyone researching time travel should monitor the activity in the brains of parents in a childs first year, their brains can accelerate time like nobody's business.

Anyhoo, the purpose of this gravedigging excercise is that I just found out you can sideload it onto an android phone, runs pretty well on my Sensation apart from the pikachu intro. (Note - it requires an internet connection to load your profile) The current mystery gift code is for a Missing No. :) While it's not official, this is the 3rd best way (after DS games and a coat made of plushies) to take your pokemon around with you every where you go. The trade centre has really come on since this time last year too. It's worth looking it back up.

Advertisement