Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eire Package Tracker - An Post package tracking Android app - Testers

Options
  • 20-06-2011 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have just published my app for tracking An Post packages to the Market.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.packagetracker&feature=search_result

info___Copy.png
    Tracks the delivery of An Post packages in Ireland. Estimates distance away and delivery date. Displays package journey visually on a map. Automatically checks for delivery updates in the background, a notification will appear when an update has occurred. Also available in Gaeilge.
    Feedback would be much appreciated. I'm working on a minor bug that sometimes occurs during the first run of the app. If anyone encounters any other problems please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

Hi, Just downloaded and did a track and trace for an item i posted about two weeks ago. No problem downloading, installing, opening and using.
    Very handy app!
    Feedback would be:-
    If there was a history instead of having to input the tracking number when opening.
    After entering a tracking number, if put into landscape, it deletes the track info and displays the red message with - no package currently being tracked.
    It failed to draw the route, but this may have been due to the fact the item had been delivered.
    Might also be handy to have the time with each update as this is something that website has. This was the main reason for rotating to landscape.
    Not sure why it was asking for a title for the package being tracked?
    All in all, it did exactly what it says on the tin. Only reason i would use the site over this would be to get the time of the updates

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭The Gibmiester

matchthis wrote: »
    Hi, Just downloaded and did a track and trace for an item i posted about two weeks ago. No problem downloading, installing, opening and using.
    Very handy app!
    Feedback would be:-
    If there was a history instead of having to input the tracking number when opening.
    After entering a tracking number, if put into landscape, it deletes the track info and displays the red message with - no package currently being tracked.
    It failed to draw the route, but this may have been due to the fact the item had been delivered.
    Might also be handy to have the time with each update as this is something that website has. This was the main reason for rotating to landscape.
    Not sure why it was asking for a title for the package being tracked?
    All in all, it did exactly what it says on the tin. Only reason i would use the site over this would be to get the time of the updates

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking into the landscape issue, it use to work in landscape :confused:. As for the fail to draw route that may because of a place name Google can't identify, or a certain address format or combination. Are you able to PM the tracking number please?

I also wish I could get the update timestamps but the app gets the data from the website, unless An Post are willing to give me access to their databases, which I doubt. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

is this on the oowld iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭The Gibmiester

innthe wrote: »
    is this on the oowld iphone?

No, just Android at the moment, though An Post do have an official app for iOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Should the text be 'En Route' ?
    this would be pronounced 'On Route'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭championc

Can I use this to track parcels which are posted abroad so it will alert me when the parcels reach Ireland ? We all buy stuff on eBay from CN or HK and wait for the postman to suddenly arrive. Would love it to be able to alert me when it reaches Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Good app and will be very handy. 1 small problem when I look at my package on it is that I know from the anpost website that it is currently in customs but on your app the status is missing and just shows it in the Dublin Mail Centre. Apart from very useful app. Thanks

Advertisement