Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take home exams?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

ENG20490Romanticism has a take-home exam worth like 60%.

So...what's the catch? :p It just seems way too convenient. Obviously they'd be marked a lot harder than regular exams...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It is just a one-day essay, there is no "catch". It tests a different set of skills to other essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

It is just a one-day essay, there is no "catch". It tests a different set of skills to other essays.

Oh it's a one day thing...thanks. I knew there had to be something that would set it apart from just a regular essay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They aren't as easy as they sound. You are usually expected to provide some references, which if you are not prepared can be a problem. I had one in first year which was put up at 9am and had to be submitted by 5pm the same day. I'd rather do an normal exam tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

They aren't as easy as they sound. You are usually expected to provide some references, which if you are not prepared can be a problem. I had one in first year which was put up at 9am and had to be submitted by 5pm the same day. I'd rather do an normal exam tbh.

Oh OK that sounds pretty scary to be honest. :eek: I can imagine myself just going blank.

Advertisement