Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Wire transfer to UK acc question

Options
  • 21-06-2011 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I need to pay someone 100 Eur for a service. I'll be going down to my bank and sorting it there.

How long can I expect the transfer to take? Is there any instant service?

I would pay via paypal but of course laser cards are not accepted there.

Is there any other way I can transfer money with my laser card?

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

There is an instant service yes but it costs more and its same day.

If you transfer euro to a sterling account it will be converted to GBP by the beneficiary bank. You can only transfer euro to a euro account.

If you send GBP from AIB to a UK bank you have to pay the paylink fee.

Cheapest solution is to send EUR and either it hits a EUR account or the get the GBP equivalent

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

dublin daz wrote: »
    There is an instant service yes but it costs more and its same day.

If you transfer euro to a sterling account it will be converted to GBP by the beneficiary bank. You can only transfer euro to a euro account.

If you send GBP from AIB to a UK bank you have to pay the paylink fee.

Cheapest solution is to send EUR and either it hits a EUR account or the get the GBP equivalent

Cheers, got it sorted today.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Easiest thing is to log-on to Internetbanking.

If you have their IBAN you can transfer money to UK (and other EUR) accounts without charge. It will be converted to EUR by the recieveing bank. Moneys take 3 days to clear. Pay on Monday, it will be in the receiving back account by Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

bd250110 wrote: »

If you have their IBAN you can transfer money to UK (and other EUR) accounts without charge. It will be converted to EUR by the recieveing bank. Moneys take 3 days to clear. Pay on Monday, it will be in the receiving back account by Thursday morning.

+1 for this advice but in my experience the payments will credit the same day as long as the other bank is part if the Faster Payments Scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

bd250110 wrote: »

Do you mean converted to GBP ? I sent EUR from my account here to my account in UK and it was credited as pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

dublin daz wrote: »
    Do you mean converted to GBP ? I sent EUR from my account here to my account in UK and it was credited as pounds.

If the recipient account is not in the same currency, the funds will be converted or exchanged and credited in the currency of the recipient account.

Advertisement