Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bulk up and get ripped

Options
  • 21-06-2011 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

i would love advice on a workout routine etc on what to do to increase my body weight and gain muscle, i have tried to start a few times but now i have more reason and commitment than ever to do so i am currently 5'10'' and around 10stone and look very lean and skinny i want to bulk up get ripped and get muscle, any tips, advice, or drugs, suppliments etc that will help all welcome i want to do this as uick as possible and as much as possible and i do have the commitment to see it through. ps i am 23

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 saggiralph

Originally Posted by all pro
    A Simple beginner's Routine
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.

Was looking for a begg. workout and looks like I found it. Quick questions:

1) So for each exercise you pick a starting weight lets say 100 pounds and for the first two warm up sets you do 1/4 of 100 then 1/2 of 100 pounds. Then you do two sets of the same weight of 100 pounds??

2) Also, if 100 is what you started on Monday for lets say exercise A, then on Wednesday you would be doing 80 pounds for the work sets (20% less)???

3) After each week does the weight of 100 pounds stay the same only increasing reps by 2?

Advertisement