Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Risk Management (Smurfit/NCI)

Options
  • 21-06-2011 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone taken this course at all? I'd be really interested to hear feedback about content and difficulty. I'm assuming it's not at the level of actuarial study, but there is some overlap.

If you know it (or anyone doing it) could you advise one or more of the text books ibpn use, to help get a direct flavour also?

Anyone else looking at this? It's a 2 years course, offered only every 2nd year.

Many thanks all for any info.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

Surion wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone taken this course at all? I'd be really interested to hear feedback about content and difficulty. I'm assuming it's not at the level of actuarial study, but there is some overlap.

If you know it (or anyone doing it) could you advise one or more of the text books ibpn use, to help get a direct flavour also?

Anyone else looking at this? It's a 2 years course, offered only every 2nd year.

Many thanks all for any info.
    If you're interested in risk then you might be interested in thinking about the MSc in finance at Trinity, http://www.tcd.ie/business/masters/finance/partnerships/ , which along with UCD is a partner with PRIMA, can be taken full or part-time, and runs every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

If you're interested in risk then you might be interested in thinking about the MSc in finance at Trinity, http://www.tcd.ie/business/masters/finance/partnerships/ , which along with UCD is a partner with PRIMA, can be taken full or part-time, and runs every year.[/Quote]

Thanks so much for that info! I would not have found that!! And on the face of it looks actually more relevant to the work I do, I'm going to have a more detailed read of the modules over weekend, but really thanks.

Could you explain something for me, as I work, it's likely be part time (ie 2 year) route. Do you happen to know how this translates? From the description offered (I'm not too clear on) classes are afternoon/early evening. Would I still be able to work or be taking a lot of rime off?

Thanks again for the info, really!

Advertisement