Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef AU (Season 1 - RTÉ)

Options
  • 07-06-2011 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Loving the 1st series on RTE One in the afternoons

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

calex71 wrote: »
    Loving the 1st series on RTE One in the afternoons

Oh, I LOVE it as well. I googled the winner so know who wins (I have no patience). I like the judges as well and normally in the British shows I can't stand the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm watching season one on RTE :P Think I'll try and catch season 3 online over the summer if I can!

But ya, I don't want to ruin the ending of season 1 for myself so I'm trying to prevent myself from googling the winner (such a long wait!).
    Go André :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm watching season one on RTE :P Think I'll try and catch season 3 online over the summer if I can!

But ya, I don't want to ruin the ending of season 1 for myself so I'm trying to prevent myself from googling the winner (such a long wait!).
    Go André :P

I caved in and googled it during the week :o

Not giving away the winner but using tags anyway here just in case my reaction gives it away
    I was very surprised by who won

Amazing the production that goes into it compared to the other versions, like an episode every day when it's shown in Oz. Major money spent on it from the looks of it. Is season 3 the same ?? The Irish version isn't even on yet and already I have a feeling it will be a disappointment after seeing the Australian one, even though I preferred the presenters on the UK one.

Not giving away the winner but using tags anyway here just in case my reaction gives it away

Amazing the production that goes into it compared to the other versions, like an episode every day when it's shown in Oz. Major money spent on it from the looks of it. Is season 3 the same ?? The Irish version isn't even on yet and already I have a feeling it will be a disappointment after seeing the Australian one, even though I preferred the presenters on the UK one.
    Anyone but Sam
    pleaaaaase :pac: They're the only one I'd be surprised at winning tbh.

Anyone but Sam
    pleaaaaase :pac: They're the only one I'd be surprised at winning tbh.

God I hate him , he even has the worst "thing" in the intro and he thinks he's bad ass for growing that fail of a beard. It's hilarious that they still show all of the contestants in that bit at the start (Katy Perry wrote the song by the way :) ) , every time i see it i'm like who the hell was that ? were they in it ? :D

• Advertisement

God I hate him , he even has the worst "thing" in the intro and he thinks he's bad ass for growing that fail of a beard. It's hilarious that they still show all of the contestants in that bit at the start (Katy Perry wrote the song by the way :) ) , every time i see it i'm like who the hell was that ? were they in it ? :D

I'm guessing he doesn't win so :P haha! Hmmmmm.. Andre seems unlikely too :D Really want him to win! Julie wrecks my head too. Gah! But the judges lovvvvve her. We'll see.

And I know. I only really started watching it when yer man Josh left. So I'm just like "eh ya... who are you?" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Same!
    I wanted Po to win but I thought it was going to be Chris
    I've been watching it way too much these days, that dessert today looked so hard

The panacotta?
    It looked so hard!
    When it was between Andre and Sam today, I was nearly sweating. But yay, Go Andre
    :D He's so cute, aaaahh. it wouldn't be the same without him tbh.

Put it in spoilers, just incase. Although I probably don't need to for the mostpart but whatever.

These shows a really not good for my mental health , I'm off all things yummy after a recent cholesterol check.

Watching today's desert on RTE was pure torture while eating my "lovely" rice cakes :(

Sam getting the boot made up for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've split the RTÉ Season 1 discussion away from the the Aussie Season 3 thread.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mr.E

I'm wondering will RTé keep running with this over the summer and show season 2 aswell? I hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Sam getting the boot made up for it though.

About time too!! Loving the series - didnt read all the thread in case I got a clue who won - Ive been watching since it started and dont want to ruin it. What am I going to do with my afternoons when it finishes!!! :(

NO, NOT ANDRE!! :( literally sped home after my chemistry exam to just catch the end where he got the boot :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Dovies wrote: »
    About time too!! Loving the series - didnt read all the thread in case I got a clue who won - Ive been watching since it started and dont want to ruin it. What am I going to do with my afternoons when it finishes!!! :(

I know. I absolutely love it... and I loved thr twist in bringing the four back. Chris was fuming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm wondering will RTé keep running with this over the summer and show season 2 aswell? I hope they do.
    Watch are showing season 2 right now early in the morning (6am or thereabouts), but not sure how far they're into it.

NO, NOT ANDRE!! :( literally sped home after my chemistry exam to just catch the end where he got the boot :'(

I know :(
    Chris was so smug about it too, ugh.

Namlub wrote: »
    I know :(
    Chris was so smug about it too, ugh.

Terrible considering the muck Chris served up to the vip guests at the dinner party :mad:

I hate chris :mad: Think it's between the 3 girls to win. Not sure about lucas and julia (is that her name?). If I were to place a bet, i'd say poh will win it. But seriously, how am I supposed to continue watching without andre :pac:
    it's a conspiracy I tell you!

I love Poh <3 It's weird, that Lucas guy hasn't been in it for ages and he hasn't done any of the tasks but he's in the final

Oh yeah, I forgot there was all the ones that beat the pro chef to come back for the final week. They really should have been there all alone and just been immune from elimination I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah that wasn't the best idea. They change that from season 2 onwards. When you win against the pro-chef now, you get an immunity pin that you can use to bypass one single immunity challenge. Makes much more sense.

Wow the rubbish they produced for $10 was unreal for finals week, except Po's which looked lovely. Justine cooking an omelette :D I could feed myself for 3 days on a 10er and a chef I ain't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Fed up with the Masterclass episodes now - just get on with the competition!

Dovies wrote: »
    Fed up with the Masterclass episodes now - just get on with the competition!
    Yeah, I tend to skip the Masterclasses myself.

No excitement in them! :(

Ok so julia is reeeally good. Better than I thought she'd be :P
    it really wasn't the same without andre (i'll stop whining about him going now but still :( ).
    Poh to win!!

Girlfriend was watching this when I arrived home from work..

.. must have gotten it directly from Watch as they have the uber dodgy music ("Turn the heat up.. baby we're on fire.. so COME ON!") over the intro / closing titles.

For those who don't know.. Katy Perry's "Hot And Cold" is the theme music used in Oz but there's issues in getting the rights for it internationally.

Basq wrote: »

.. must have gotten it directly from Watch as they have the uber dodgy music ("Turn the heat up.. baby we're on fire.. so COME ON!") over the intro / closing titles.

For those who don't know.. Katy Perry's "Hot And Cold" is the theme music used in Oz but there's issues in getting the rights for it internationally.
    Oh, I was going to mention how cheesy the theme music is compared to the English one :o The intro with all the contestants doing the 'Oh, I see you've caught me icing cupcakes/dropping a red substance into a bowl while looking sinister' thing is pretty cringey anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Seemingly Chris and Julia (chick with eyebrows) are now an item. They were the challenger on Oz ironchef. Don't know how they got on though.

I really like the masterclasses. I often learn something although they can be a bit ridiculous at times. The koftas and stuffed squid are fab and always a hit.

Dinkie wrote: »
    Seemingly Chris and Julia (chick with eyebrows) are now an item. They were the challenger on Oz ironchef. Don't know how they got on though.

I really like the masterclasses. I often learn something although they can be a bit ridiculous at times. The koftas and stuffed squid are fab and always a hit.

He must be twice her age :eek: She'd be even too young for me and Chris has over 10 years on me :D

Beautiful girl though, either the others are midgets or she is super tall, guess with Chris wears the hat to compensate for the difference in height I guess :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Basq wrote: »

Just started watching season 3 online and I was so sad to see the cringey music gone :o
    I loved singing along to it :pac: Hot and cold just doesnt feel right!

Advertisement