Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef AU (Season 1 - RTÉ)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭mjcom4d

Where can you watch season 3 online

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I'm fairly sure the judges will never get rid of julie coz they love her too much. Wreckin my head at this stage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

She's really not that good. Gah.

Namlub wrote: »
    She's really not that good. Gah.

ya she didnt do amazingly today I must say.
    I thought Julia was really good but oohh well.

Also I found Andre's twitter. He has his own polenta bar or something now. n'aaaaaaawww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I thought Julie was the weakest the whole way through the series compared to say Chris or Justine and Po and also some of the others gone too , but maybe that was just her pessimistic view on everything she cooks and the tears.

She does get good feedback, they made it look today like she was out for sure but they loved her savoury pie, as did I yum :)
    But Po was on another level altogether much as I wanted her to fail after picking the theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For the people with Sky, Season 2 is on Watch now and they've just finished picking the top 24 (so the 'real' show is starting now)

It's on twice a day early morning and early evening (same episodes), so just set series link. :)

AH here, where is the 2nd episode today . Murder she feckin' wrote is on now with yer wan from the tv3 news :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Next episode is a 90 min special, so RTE couldn't fit 2 eps in 1 day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I've really enjoyed this series so far. Hopefully RTE will show the next series as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Anyone wrote: »
    I've really enjoyed this series so far. Hopefully RTE will show the next series as well.

People are enjoying it too much so doubt they will!!!!

Have Monday afternoon cleared for the final! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Dovies wrote: »
    People are enjoying it too much so doubt they will!!!!

Have Monday afternoon cleared for the final! :D

Is the final not tomorrow??? I thought they were losing one today and then final tomorrow?

Weird not having Justine on it. She was fairly average for a long while and then all of a sudden just came into her own.

Not keen on Chris at all. he can look so sly at times and if he doesn't win challenges he is really hard on himself :p

Julie :mad:
    I don't even like Chris, but Julie was completely disorganised, she didn't even finish and she basically did a roast and her lack of presentation is fine because it's 'home-style', but she starts crying and going on about her blank last chapter and the judges treat her like a puppy. Ugh. Poh ftw

Namlub wrote: »
    Julie :mad:
    I don't even like Chris, but Julie was completely disorganised, she didn't even finish and she basically did a roast and her lack of presentation is fine because it's 'home-style', but she starts crying and going on about her blank last chapter and the judges treat her like a puppy. Ugh. Poh ftw

I know!! it's soooo ridiculous. She has been so disorganised and has made a mess out of alot of the challenges she's been presented with yet the judges just won't give her the boot!!
    If she wins it'll be a total injustice. Poh is such a better cook anyways.

Wow, why do I get worked up over this? :pac: But still, Julie.. grrrrrrr...

I love homestyle cooking so I have liked most of Julie's dishes. And I did really like her book idea!

I know she didn't technically finish, but if she had another 10seconds she would have :D

Poh always looks petrified when the judges try her food. She should be so confident as it is very rare for her to hand over a bad dish to the judges.

No loss with Chris... he can go and take his pig heads and beer with him...

Was pleasantly surprised with that, glad its them two in the final. Complete contrasts in style and both a pretty passionate about what they are doing.

I think Julies idea for the book was what pushed her ahead. This challenge wasn't just about the food, but the whole package.

Not sure who I want to win if I'm honest, but glad its down to those two.

Anyone wrote: »
    Was pleasantly surprised with that, glad its them two in the final. Complete contrasts in style and both a pretty passionate about what they are doing.

I think Julies idea for the book was what pushed her ahead. This challenge wasn't just about the food, but the whole package.

Not sure who I want to win if I'm honest, but glad its down to those two.

In fairness the show is called Masterchef not master has potentially got the best selling cookbook of the 3. I was seriously annoyed by that, Julie clearly got through based on the cook book idea. She was over all the weakest of the 3 by a running mile :(

If i was one of the last 6 or so I'd feel really cheated seeing her in the final after the none finishing of her dishes.

I know!! it's soooo ridiculous. She has been so disorganised and has made a mess out of alot of the challenges she's been presented with yet the judges just won't give her the boot!!
    If she wins it'll be a total injustice. Poh is such a better cook anyways.

Wow, why do I get worked up over this? :pac: But still, Julie.. grrrrrrr...
    It's a serious matter :mad::P

But yeah, you'd understand them leaving her off if it was the first time it happened but she's always doddering around making a mess of things. Gary loves her though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Flippin masterclass today - for crying out loud just go to the last episode!!
    Julie - sheesh!!! All well and good having a good idea for your book but not much use if you cant actually provide the grub!!

Well Julie can cook, he time management is crap though, and she cracks when something goes wrong. Makes for good tv when it happens.

As for the others being pissed off she is the final, I'd be more pissed off the fact Poh is still there considering she was eliminated before :p

I like the two finalists though, and glad to see them there. Chris seemed to coast for the last few rounds, or maybe he had nothing "new" left.

One thing though, all though it shares the name with the British version, the two shows are miles apart.

calex71 wrote: »
    In fairness the show is called Masterchef not master has potentially got the best selling cookbook of the 3. I was seriously annoyed by that, Julie clearly got through based on the cook book idea. She was over all the weakest of the 3 by a running mile :(

If i was one of the last 6 or so I'd feel really cheated seeing her in the final after the none finishing of her dishes.

Hang on, Poh was eliminated and then brought back so if anyone had any right to be pissed off I would have said Julie and Chris did.

Part of the competition is a book deal so obviously the idea is going to have some weight at this stage.

Agree Julie is a great cook but as she has not worked in a professional kitchen you can see that her time management needs serious working on.

ETA*** Anyone - only saw your Poh comment after I posted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

Ive been hooked on this since its started on rte1! Its very well produced and brought me to tears more than once!

How will i spend my afternoons now!!

Im very glad Po is in the final she was one of my favourites since the start!

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    Ive been hooked on this since its started on rte1! Its very well produced and brought me to tears more than once!

How will i spend my afternoons now!!

Im very glad Po is in the final she was one of my favourites since the start!

Spend them watching season 2 on youtube ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Glad to see I'm not the only person in Ireland watching! Afternoons are going to be very empty without it after today.

But...

I've emailed RTE about season two and this is what they said:
    Hi dambarude,

Many thanks for your interest in RTÉ programming.

RTÉ do have the second series of Masterchef Australia on license, however there are no confirmed dates for broadcast.

Kind regards,
    Christina

RTÉ Information

Good and bad news for me, if it's not on before September I won't be able to watch it after that:mad:.

I can't believe I'm so hooked on a reality show, I usually don't touch them without a fairly long barge pole.

I'd say RTE have been getting better ratings than they expected. Much better than Murder She Wrote at any rate.

dambarude wrote: »
    Glad to see I'm not the only person in Ireland watching! Afternoons are going to be very empty without it after today.

But...

I've emailed RTE about season two and this is what they said:

Good and bad news for me, if it's not on before September I won't be able to watch it after that:mad:.

I can't believe I'm so hooked on a reality show, I usually don't touch them without a fairly long barge pole.

I'd say RTE have been getting better ratings than they expected. Much better than Murder She Wrote at any rate.

Well thats good news. After getting hooked on the Ozzy version of the show I felt it was totally wasted in the afternoon time slot. It could have don't just was well and even better in an evening slot. But knowing rte, that evening slot would have been 1 in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

my mum and i very rarely sit down and watch something together, unless it's x-factor or the apprentice. but we started watching this weeks ago and every night for the last couple of weeks we've watched this show, my mum was in tears today, i was thrilled for julie, :D

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    my mum and i very rarely sit down and watch something together, unless it's x-factor or the apprentice. but we started watching this weeks ago and every night for the last couple of weeks we've watched this show, my mum was in tears today, i was thrilled for julie, :D

I was in tears as well. Even the judges were in tears.

Julie deserved it - her food was spectacular. I loved the chicken dish she did... and her desert was brilliant. Very well deserved. She is really sweet I think. Never said a bad word about anyone.

There was a shot at the end when they were saying (again!!!) what the prize was and Chris looked totally pissed off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I was in tears as well. Even the judges were in tears.

Julie deserved it - her food was spectacular. I loved the chicken dish she did... and her desert was brilliant. Very well deserved. She is really sweet I think. Never said a bad word about anyone.

There was a shot at the end when they were saying (again!!!) what the prize was and Chris looked totally pissed off :D

i know, mr grump. seriously he has a business of sorts already. he's a good cook, but for the life of me can't understand why he was still there after the chicken disaster. seriously can't understand why he put up that dish at all. would have had more respect for him if he didnt put it up at all, raw chicken :rolleyes: he should have known better.

is it me or did any one notice that gary and chris did not like each other??

Ok now it's all over , I think the better woman won.

I still hate all the forced laughter and stuff, and although I flicked to the news I thought there would have been .... I don't know more of a big deal made of Julie, as once she was told she had won it was over quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Now you've got the 2nd and 3rd series to look forward to.. from what I've seen of the 3rd season (down to the final 10 after tonight), it's the best yet in terms of challenges but the contestants are a tad lacklustre.

The second season is superb though.. best mix of contestants yet and some absolutely superb moments (the final Masterclass, even people who don't like Masterclass will LOVE it.. and Matt Preston's "DISGUSTING" moment - I'll say no more)

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i know, mr grump. seriously he has a business of sorts already. he's a good cook, but for the life of me can't understand why he was still there after the chicken disaster. seriously can't understand why he put up that dish at all. would have had more respect for him if he didnt put it up at all, raw chicken :rolleyes: he should have known better.

is it me or did any one notice that gary and chris did not like each other??

I have to be honest and say I didn't really notice that. I think Chris was most definitely the sly one though. He got incredibly cocky at the end as well and that really turned me off. I think he thought he was going to race home.

Am gutted it is over. I really wish Julie well, an admirable winner and a lovely woman it seems. I thought it was really sweet when the judges welled up.

Poh was amazing as well. Am sure both of their careers have taken off.

Advertisement