Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 month old with Dry cough

Options
  • 21-06-2011 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI all, little fella woke up this morning with a nasty dry cough, it sounds like it could be really scrapping at his throat. Any advice on what I could get him to ease what im sure is quite painfull ?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

HI all, little fella woke up this morning with a nasty dry cough, it sounds like it could be really scrapping at his throat. Any advice on what I could get him to ease what im sure is quite painfull ?
    thanks

Go to the doctor!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Go to the doctor!!!

very insightful, thanks

Jus thought others could recomend a syrup or something that has worked for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

As far as i know no cough syrups are for children under 2, the only thing to try is honey and lemon.
    If your child's throat is inflamed then bring the baby to the gps.

If you want proper advice bring the baby to the chemist and they will advise you whats best for the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Firstly, No medical advice can be given out on Boards.

Secondly, your 10 month old wakes with a cough which you think is causing distress. Your first thought is to go to the internet and ask a group of strangers what you should do?

Common sense would dictate that you ask a medical professional what you should do.

Sorry if I'm coming across as harsh or insensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There are no cough remedies for under 2 year olds, except for glycerine and honey... and even that isn't recommended until after age 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Mr. Magners - report a post if there's an issue. Leave modding to us please.
    positivenote - you have your advice. No medicines are recommended for under 2s. If it's causing pain then go to the chemist or your GP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement