Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interrupted download in Google Chrome

• 21-06-2011 8:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've been downloading a fairly large file (1.3GB) in Google Chrome. I then connected to my college VPN during the download which messed it up (I think). It's about 33% done at the moment but the status is "interrupted" and I can't figure out how to restart it. I googled around for a solution but most sites seem to suggest not using Chrome for a download of this size in the first place. The only thing is that I'd rather not start over if it could be avoided.

Anyone know if the download can be resumed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

If you go to and click the download link again it'll continue from where it left off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Thanks but I can't click on the link for the one that's broken. See below:

cadv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sorry, I meant go to the original site you downloaded the file from and click to download again. It should continue (has for me in the past!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

This probably won't resume, Chrome is a git for this. Try copying the address under the download in the list into the address bar and hit enter.

If you have to start again, try a download manager like flashget or jdownloader. Both can resume downloads.

Advertisement