Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Meteor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Yes they should have just replaced the phone IMHO.

They have a 28day returns policy where if anything goes wrong with the handset(excluding customer damage) within the first 28days they will swop it for a new one, your contract is with the shop where the phone was bought not with meteor or apple.

If you send it back to apple you are likely to get a refurbished handset back not a new one.

Wrong (as usual) the repairs and returns policy is Apple's, and it has to be abided by the networks as part of the agreement to sell the phones, same as any Apple product, it goes directly back to them to be replaced or repaired. Ringing Meteor, or any network which sells Apple products, will yield the same results, once the box is opened, its on Apple's policy and goes back to them. They normally have a replacement out within 48hrs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Thanks for the replies guys! I have told her to get off meteor for that reason and the capped data. They live between Enfield and Kinnegad so not sure what the coverage ia like there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Oh for the love of god. I wrote on this thread to help someone with a an issue he had. Now seriously im not going explaining legal issues and all that.

Talking about currys and laptops etc is a different ball game completely, remember the iphone is unique to other phones in so much that it has to be registered before you can even use the thing, its not a simple as popping your sim in. Thats were all the problms lie!

He can either listen to people guessing the truth or take my advice, to be honest now I couldnt give a monkeys.

He's a Moderator they know everything....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Misticles wrote: »
    So if I get them to note the imei of the one that's gone for repair will they be able to tell?
    IMO it's unfair to replace a phone that's just been bought 2 days previous with a refurbished one!

Why is it unfair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

sendit wrote: »
    He's a Moderator they know everything....

Ha Ha
    Very true.

• Advertisement

Vivagora wrote: »
    Id get off meteor as their 3G network is useless unless using the iphone in the cities. Vodafone 3G is excellent so worth paying a bit more for

OT, but no, just no. iPhones on Vodafone drop calls like mad in some areas. I have one and wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Gillo wrote: »
    is it possible when the advice is given incorrectly that posts can be edited as it may oftern cause more grief for the OP's of various threads.

An interesting point, but that's something I will not do. I will only delete posts/information in the following examples - please note that this list is not exhaustive and I reserve the right, as moderator, to exercise my best judgement.
    - Potentially defamatory
    - Abusive posts
    - Posts containing private information, contact details etc.

I will not delete 'incorrect' consumer information - as this is usually countered and corrected by other posters. The right or most appropriate information is usually the end result in this forum. I believe that having the whole dialogue visible is an educational aspect to this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Karsini wrote: »
    OT, but no, just no. iPhones on Vodafone drop calls like mad in some areas. I have one and wouldn't recommend it.

I can personally validate this. My company was in the process of rolling out iPhone 4 on Vodafone to employees but stopped due to call-dropping issues. Yhey are waiting for the iPhone 5 to be issued before they will resume the roll-out with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Smartypantsy

Is it possible to return an iphone to meteor even if there is nothing wrong with it. I just want a return and they are blatantly refusing which is against basic consumer rights for a return!:mad::mad::mad:

Is it possible to return an iphone to meteor even if there is nothing wrong with it. I just want a return and they are blatantly refusing which is against basic consumer rights for a return!:mad::mad::mad:

if there is nothing wrong with it you're not covered under consumer rights.

if you bought it online I think you have 14 days to return it even if you change your mind. With a shop you don't.

Also if you turned it on and put a sim in it they won't take it back.

• Advertisement

I went into the shop and the guy told me that its apple's policy that voids their own 14 day return policy but I rang apple and they said that what meteor are telling me is complete bs! What reason could they have for not taking returns if apple are happy to take returns?!:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I went into the shop and the guy told me that its apple's policy that voids their own 14 day return policy but I rang apple and they said that what meteor are telling me is complete bs! What reason could they have for not taking returns if apple are happy to take returns?!:confused::confused:

Basically because most issues with iPhones are solved with a Software Restore and its not a hardware issue.

The Shops don't have the knowledge to work out if its a hardware issue or not.

All the shop is doing is acting as a middle man for you, better to contact Apple Directly.

You don't even need to call them, you can do it online.

http://depot.info.apple.com

Follow troubleshooting, if that fails order repair, box comes out, stick iphone in box, get phone back in 10 working days.

A large percentage of the phones that come back "No Fault Found" are because the customer didn't do any troubleshooting.

Theres a blurry line these days between Mobile Phone and Personal Computer.

Basically because most issues with iPhones are solved with a Software Restore and its not a hardware issue.

All the shop is doing is acting as a middle man for you, better to contact Apple Directly.

Follow troubleshooting, if that fails order repair, box comes out, stick iphone in box, get phone back in 10 working days.

A large percentage of the phones that come back "No Fault Found" are because the customer didn't do any troubleshooting.

There is no issue with the phone though. Op just dosn't want the phone afaik and wants to return it.

There's nothing wrong with the phone I just want a refund :(

There's nothing wrong with the phone I just want a refund :(

do you not like the phone? there's is nothing that covers "change of mind" when things are bought in a shop. Online there is the 14 day period.. but thats hazy as I don't think they will if you have put the sim in the iPhone.

I take it you bought it on PAYG?

do you not like the phone? there's is nothing that covers "change of mind" when things are bought in a shop. Online there is the 14 day period.. but thats hazy as I don't think they will if you have put the sim in the iPhone.

I take it you bought it on PAYG?

I wish! Stupidly got a bill pay and as the chap in the meteor store said I'm "stuck with it" now!

I wish! Stupidly got a bill pay and as the chap in the meteor store said I'm "stuck with it" now!

When did you take the contract out? is it within 14 days? you have a cooling off period in a contract for which you can leave it.

When did you take the contract out? is it within 14 days? you have a cooling off period in a contract for which you can leave it.

I only got the phone on saturday so I've had it for 5 days :( it seems like a catch 22 that even if I could cancel the contract that since its with an iphone I can't?!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

i bought an unlocked iphone 3gs im on the meteor network now and keep getting a message saying not connected to celluar data service?

anyone know anything about this message i can use wi-fi no problem but cant use regualr internet?

I only got the phone on saturday so I've had it for 5 days :( it seems like a catch 22 that even if I could cancel the contract that since its with an iphone I can't?!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70692883

look at this thread. Go back and demand to see the T+C's regarding the cooling off period and don't leave until they do!

If you leave it any longer you will be outside the cooling period!

• Advertisement

i bought an unlocked iphone 3gs im on the meteor network now and keep getting a message saying not connected to celluar data service?

anyone know anything about this message i can use wi-fi no problem but cant use regualr internet?

Maybe try downloading the meteor settings from their site.. might work :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70692883

look at this thread. Go back and demand to see the T+C's regarding the cooling off period and don't leave until they do!

If you leave it any longer you will be outside the cooling period!

Even if I do manage to cancel the contract would I not just need to buy the iphone on PAYG?

Even if I do manage to cancel the contract would I not just need to buy the iphone on PAYG?

No.. by cancelling it you would be required to give the phone back. So you can choose what ever phone you want then but you'll have to get a normal sim/micro sim adapter.

No.. by cancelling it you would be required to give the phone back. So you can choose what ever phone you want then but you'll have to get a normal sim/micro sim adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Iphone or not you can cancel your contract within 14 days...thems are the laws my friends.

Now if your talking about catch 22, if they do not want to take the phone back I guess you get a cheap/free iphone then so....hmmmm did we just find a loophole?

Iphone or not you can cancel your contract within 14 days...thems are the laws my friends.

Now if your talking about catch 22, if they do not want to take the phone back I guess you get a cheap/free iphone then so....hmmmm did we just find a loophole?

If only they were that easy to find :D

Advertisement