Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A touching way to view Boards.ie

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Not sure if this has been pointed out......

As you are going through all the new posts you get threads repeating for each and every post they've had.

Otherwise, looks and plays great. Nice job!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

when i click on a link to a thread in a notification email, it goes to the start of the thread rather than 'newpost'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

<p>On windows phone 7 mango IE9 mobile browser when you click reply the comment doesnt go through. It just refreshes the page without the actual reply added to it. Can you look into it please?

edit: it actually presses the report button if you click reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

hard to see at a glance what PMs are unread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

+1 to the My Forums link not also listing all forums and my last viewed status.

Wouldn't a link to all the forums from there speed up the page load time too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Am I the only one that's mixed up the report button and quick post button a few times?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

nope - i've seen this a few times in reported posts that are meant to be replies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

MiCr0 wrote: »
    nope - i've seen this a few times in reported posts that are meant to be replies

Phew, I'm not going mad then! I think it's because of where the reply button is. On the full site you always have all the different reply functions on the right hand side and the report button on the left. They've been switched around on touch.boards. That and because the report button isnt coloured red and stand out as much as it should.

Ive just had a look and we've had 4 reports in the GAA forum that look like they should be posts.

Oh so you click the pen at the top to post a reply. This is somewhat misleading as my initial thought was that it would create a new thread entirely.

Is there any chance of getting that icon changed to say simply "reply " and the reply under people's names to quote, just to make it clearer. It looks great, good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Has anyone else a problem of logging in, it keeps directing me to the log in page. I have the same user name and password as I'm using now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dymo wrote: »
    Has anyone else a problem of logging in, it keeps directing me to the log in page. I have the same user name and password as I'm using now.

I kept getting 'Login Failed' so I went to the main site, logged in there and went back to Boards Touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Not sure if this has been mentioned but there are times when a thread on the home page will be doubled, not only as mentioned above if there are posts within seconds of each other but also at times by the same poster

Eg

"GAAman is a legend"
    Posted in: we love GAAman
    Last poster: Dav :D

Other Thread

Another Thread

"GAAman is a legend"

Not sure if it makes a difference but i have just noticed that it happens after the banner ads that break up the page, if you look at it in three sections the first then the boards dealsad, the second and the boards deals app then the third section. At the moment the "cure for boredom" thread in AH is in the first and third sections with both having the last poster as leeg17

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

GAAman wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but there are times when a thread on the home page will be doubled, not only as mentioned above if there are posts within seconds of each other but also at times by the same poster

Eg

"GAAman is a legend"

Other Thread

Another Thread

"GAAman is a legend"

Not sure if it makes a difference but i have just noticed that it happens after the banner ads that break up the page, if you look at it in three sections the first then the boards dealsad, the second and the boards deals app then the third section. At the moment the "cure for boredom" thread in AH is in the first and third sections with both having the last poster as leeg17

I've seen this too, but it doesn't seem to be related to ads.
    When I am logged in, there are no ads, but I still duplicated thread entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

-Chris- wrote: »
    I wish it didn't quote quoted posts.

i.e. There's a post by A who's quoting B. If I quote that post in the main site I only get A's text. If I quote the post on Touch then I get A's text and B's text.
    Ya, only quote the one post please, like the main site. It is rather annoying to have an irrevelant post and the post you want to reply to both pop up when you quote. So, limit it to the one post quote if possible.

Multi-quote would also be a welcome addition.

Otherwise, kudos on what appears to be a well designed and well thought out website.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Oh to be able to mod using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Pressing the reply button doesn't work sometimes. Nearly lost a couple of long posts because if it!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Also seven pages of latest posts is very few, especially when the same threads are constantly reoccurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I realise a proper app is a long way away..

But I do have to say, 1) like that my subbed forums show right up, but 2) the alphabetical is hard to cope with. Treat it like the navigation in the ipod music player for example, do a sideways-orientated heirarchy that matches essentially what is already here on the top of the main site, so people can click into Soc to get the drop down list, go into say Politics to get the drop down to US Politics, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Hi

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already but I've just sent three pm's using the touch site and the format of them seems to be messed up. It's putting in extra characters throughout the message. If you get an admin to access my sent items you'll see what I mean.
    Other than that it's a great version of the site.

Gillo

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gillo wrote: »
    If you get an admin to access my sent items you'll see what I mean.

Contrary to popular belief, admins do not have access to mailboxes other than their own so this is not possible. Can you copy and paste an example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The pm's were if a slightly personnal nature so I've forwarded you a copy directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Why does "go to full version of site" from m.boards automatically put me in touch.boards? Even if I type in www.boards, it redirects to touch.boards?

Gillo wrote: »
    The pm's were if a slightly personnal nature so I've forwarded you a copy directly.

Thanks Gillo, this is an example from your PM:
    I've
    This should have read I've.

I know another person who's having the same problem on their iPhone, so it's not just you. I'll send a link to this thread to Ross and Conor and will ask them to have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Zaph wrote: »
    This should have read I've.

I know another person who's having the same problem on their iPhone, so it's not just you. I'll send a link to this thread to Ross and Conor and will ask them to have a look at it.

Should be fixed

jd007 wrote: »
    Should be fixed

Just did a test myself and it's not resolved so I've re-opened that thread.

I've noticed that I need to press the post button twice got it to go through.

the first press shows the characters as grey, then the second actually completes the post. was this intended?

Advertisement