Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk to the Network provider threads

Options
  • 21-06-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Did I imagine it or did there use to be a thread/forum where you could talk to the mobile phone providers on Boards?

I am having problems with 3mobile customer support. Their Call centre operators are rude argumentative and point blank refuse to do what you request asked including transferring you to their supervisor!

I lost my phone last weekend. (Had the account suspended last Tuesday) I was on the flexifix contract (old best of both) and had just gone out of contract. I rang three last Friday to arrange a new phone and decided to swap to the miniflexi contract (full bill pay.) I also signed up for three broadband.

Since Friday I have been requesting an email from them confirming that I had a deal arranged that includes a 25% discount off the broadband rental and one months phone rental credit. STILL WAITING TODAY!

Yesterday I received my lovely new HTC Wildfire handset! Rang the customer support as told to do on Friday to arrange for my previous number to be transferred to the new contract.
    THEN THE STING IN THE TAIL! I have €19.17 top-up credit on the flexifix contract, when I rang to arrange the transfer of number I happened to ask how the process works for transferring this credit:
    1. Does it get added to my new contract.
    2. Does the contract account get closed and the remaining credit and talk time I have sent to me in cheque form.
    I was told by the gentleman on the customer support number (last night) that I would just lose any credit I have with three on the previous contract as I am actually going onto a new account NOT just a new contract. After an hours arguing he was willing to give me a €10 "good will jester" credit. I did not accept this and requested to talk to his supervisor three times.

In the end I was told there was no supervisor available and that they would arrange a call back in 24-48 hours. I requested a quicker call back and am still waiting over 12hours later!

I need my original number reactivated as there are many calls/texts I would have missed over the last week and my original number is the only contact many people have for me!

I would like to complain to three but there appears to be no option to lodge a complaint other than to email/ring the customer support I want to complain about!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

3 have a Talk to forum on Boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

Hopefully someone there will be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

After much fighting with 3 on their "Customer not-Support" I have given up and taken a €10 credit on the new account. It’s just not worth the stress fighting for the other €9!

I love the way (not) they don’t have a complaints department but they have a sales department that doesn’t talk to the "Customer Support Department" and that the Sales Department are not required to tell you that you will be loosing money when you change from one plan to another plan!

If it were not that I need Skype on my mobile I would not touch 3 with a barge pole!

I have posted a thread on this on the talk to 3 forum. Three: Patrick is looking into it for me.
    Thanks to both Patrick and The Recliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You loose the credit when you do what you just done. You may get €5 or €10 good will but that's about it.
    You didn't upgrade you took out a completely new contract and the old flexi fix was cancelled so the credit disappeared.

Yeah thats what I found out on Monday. There was no mention of this on Friday when I contacted them about having lost the hand set!

I still dont understand on what grounds they can do this though!

I am mainly peeved at their call centre team. They are an agressive bunch who dont listen or discuss, their whole attitude is Authoriterian and demeening!

• Advertisement

Their internal systems won't allow them to convert a flexi fix account to normal bill bay, it also won't allow them to move you from a flex to a flex max unless upgrading.
    Anyone in a store would have known all that. Your best deal with them and have a point of contact if there's a problem.

Why should that be my problem?

What sort of Customer Service is that? What does that say about consumer rights?

Either they should sort out their systems. Or they could have quite simply closed one account. Seen there was a credit on it.
    Then either:
    1. Sent the credit out to me in the post either via a check or a "gift voucher"
    2. Added the credit onto my new contract.
    It would be a much better approach from a customer relations point of view. The customer would not feel ripped off. The customer would probably be more willing to stay with a network, and find a plan that suits them better.

TBH We had been planning on getting my partner changed over to 3 on a 3pay account but after my experience dealling with customer support, (there communications style) and feeling ripped off over a measly €9; My partner is now very uncomfortable about swapping to 3 and would prefer to stay with O2 even if it costs more, just to be assured of a better customer support and service set-up!

You could of spent the €9 calling abroad or something, you didn't have to let it just go. They gave you €10 so it wasn't a complete loss.
    As for moving the mrs to o2 to pay more over 3's rip off culture, well that's just insane. o2 are as bad as it gets.

You could of spent the €9 calling abroad or something, you didn't have to let it just go. They gave you €10 so it wasn't a complete loss.
    As for moving the mrs to o2 to pay more over 3's rip off culture, well that's just insane. o2 are as bad as it gets.

My Partner is already with O2. I was trying to convince them to come to 3 to save me money. :D My partner get on grand with O2 only spending about €20 a month, as the phone is only used for txts and calls.

Advertisement