Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Draft 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,285 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sea Devils wrote: »
    No surprises with the top 3 picks so far.
    Was just about to post that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Who's going to be the next pick then? I'll go for ''the big Lithuanian'' :pac:

Wow bit of a shock there.

Wow one thousand jump shots a day to get it right. I like Thompson already, a guy like that is going to get the very best out of himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Yeah I like Thompson but that's a bit of a reach by the Cavs.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping Vucevic is still on the board for the Celtics, if not I hope they take a gamble on Jeremy Tyler who could be anything but deffo worth a gamble imo.

Vesley goes to the Wizards. He can't shoot very well but he has a ton of potential on both ends on the floor. Definitely has home run potential.

Vesley goes to the Raptors. He can't shoot very well but he has a ton of potential on both ends on the floor. Definitely has home run potential.
    Well if he has a work ethic like Thompson he will. I'm seriously impressed by that work that Thompson has been putting in, wasn't aware of that. I'm going to take him now to be the star of this draft class after hearing that.

Valanciunas with a hilarious quote.

"Jonas, you have said that your game is similar to former Raptor Chris Bosh. In what ways are you similar to him?"

(broken English) "Ehhhh....uhhh....you know...I have a uhh...not so strong body. Uhhhh..."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Horrible trade for Kings, but I love the pick. With Udrih gone he fits perfectly.

Jimmermania starts here!

• Advertisement

According to Wojnarowski, GSW are taking Klay Thompson. He's been right on pretty much everything.

Klay Thompson it is.

Would have much preferred Singleton :(

From what I understand, the Maloofs wanted Jimmer, the front office and coaching staff did not. Should be interesting.

Considering Sacto's tenuous situation with moving, it would make sense that the ownership would push for that.

From what I understand, the Maloofs wanted Jimmer, the front office and coaching staff did not. Should be interesting.

Considering Sacto's tenuous situation with moving, it would make sense that the ownership would push for that.

Yep, that's what people are reporting. He'll help generate interest nationally, but I think he can be a very good player. Still, the trade was terrible. Really terrible.

Thompson could be very good. Backcourt is weak defensively, but offensively Curry and Thompson will be a formidable duo. Just need to trade Ellis now.

I've been so out of touch for the last couple of weeks, didn't know that Mark Jackson had finally taken a head coaching job. Hope he does well there.

I just became a fan of Marcus Morris . His brother got drafted before him and he then goes on to say "I'll send him some flowers, or some fruit :p

Damn, just knew he wouldn't get to us. Gutted.:(

Hope they take the gamble now on Jeremy Tyler.

The Bobcats and Utah are easily having the best drafts IMO. Kanter & Burks is an EXCELLENT draft for Utah while Charlotte could end up with Singleton to add to Biyombo and Kemba.

I think the Cavs have done really well. Irving is going to be a top player but for me when I heard about that training that Thompson has been doing, well that says an awful lot for me about the guy. They have potentially two greats right there. Clearly with two picks in the first four its not hard to say they have done best but its the Thompson thing thats saying to me they have done really well.

Marshon Brooks, interesting. Surprised at that tbh.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Marshon Brooks, interesting. Surprised at that tbh.

He's excellent, could end up being one of the best from the class. He's going to Nets, though.

Nuggets coming out of this looking good. Faried and Hamilton. Impressive night for them.

Well I'm starting to warm to the Thompson pick. Allegedly Jerry West was the driving force behind the pick and with his track record Thompson definitely deserves a chance. We shall see.

I also like the fact that Jimmy Butler went in the 1st round. Great story attached to him. He was homeless for a while as a kid before a family took him in.

Great story I heard yesterday that pretty much sums up how I feel about the draft.

Before the 1984 Draft, Bobby Knight called up the Portland Trailblazers GM (who was a friend of his) and the following conversation ensued.

Knight: "I had this Michael Jordan kid when I was coaching Team USA, and he's the real deal. You should draft him."

Blazers GM: "I drafted Clyde Drexler last year, I need a Center."

Knight: (irritated) "THEN DRAFT MICHAEL JORDAN AND PLAY HIM AT CENTER!

Yeah Jordan was always going to be a star in the league. He should have went second, no problem with Olajuwon going first. There were four of the greatest ever in that draft class in their respective positions. Jordan obviously the greatest ever, Olajuwon is up there in the top five centers of all time, Barkley is one of the best power forwards of all time which is amazing given his size. And finally John Stockton who is one of the best point guards of all time and the best passer of a ball I ever seen in the NBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Still can't believe that trade by the Kings. Dumb is not the word.

Also glad that the Lakers kept away from trades last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Weak class I think. Excited to see them all play - the international prospects look well. Kanter, Vesely and Valanciunas whenever he does come over. And looking forward to see how Ricky Rubio does too. Disappointed Brandon Knight went to Detroit and that he dropped to 8th. He was clearly disappointed himself.

The Morris brothers going 13/14 was awesome. Looking forward too to seeing the defenders, Biyombo and Tristan Thompson particularly. And obviously seeing a few live Jimmer-range 3's is exciting :D

The draft makes the NBA exciting :) Looking forward to playing with Cleveland in 2k12!

Oh and Jonny Flynn to the Rockets? Damn, bad call by the Wolves, Ricky or not.

#15 wrote: »
    Still can't believe that trade by the Kings. Dumb is not the word.

Also glad that the Lakers kept away from trades last night.

It's actually not that bad now that the dust has settled. We pretty much didn't take on any more salary since we swapped Beno for Salmons. We also saved a little bit of salary by moving down in the draft instead of taking Jimmer at 7. SF was by far our biggest need, and we got someone who can defend, spot up, and handle the ball. That was exactly what we needed from the spot. Jimmer just takes up Beno's role.

The problem is whether Salmons can accept a lesser role because he's always been a bit pouty. But apart from that it does make sense. The media don't really think things through though. I hated the trade at first, am OK with it now.

Advertisement