Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus french girl looking for an accomodation

Options
  • 21-06-2011 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, my name is Charlotte and I'm french. I'll join ITB in Creative Digital Media (3rd year) in Erasmus.

I'm actually looking for an accomodation. I already cheked on rent.ie or daft.ie, but first I want to know :

- where do student live ? Near Blanchardstown, ITB, Dublin Center ?

I have my car so I don't really care about the distance. I just want to be in a "student place".

So, where do you live ? Sharing or letting ? Mostly house or flat, appartment ?

How are mostly your night ? Party, pub, nothing ?

Thank you a lot for your answer :)

Charlotte

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Hey Charlotte. I'd say your best bet is to e-mail the college, I know they usually try pair up 1st year students in the same course if they're coming up from the country so I'd assume they'd do the same for erasmus students.

I'd recommend if it's possible for you to live in the city centre or close enough to it. Most nightclubs and pubs would have student targeted nights with cheap booze and such. Plus not having to get a €30 taxi at the end of the night would save loads too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 charlolotte

Thank you for your answer.

So as I thought, the best is to live next to the center. But the center is so big ... I don't know how to focus my research. Is it a "student aera" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm not a student, but I wouldn't live near ITB. Its in a residential suburb. Its not a student area. If you have a car, the city center to ITB is about 30 mins.

I would rent in the city center, and if possible share with other students. As you meet more people like that. Contact the student unions, of other colleges for accommodation information in the city center. Make sure you ask about parking. Not everywhere has it in the city center.

Advertisement