Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editing and recording

• 21-06-2011 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi Guys,

So as part of www.g4xonline.com, I have been tasked with doing game reviews for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

And for my own benefit I am curious about a number of things:

1. I have been supplied with a monstrosity of a camera by G4Xonline.com and some software but for my own freelancing that I want to do in the future, what is the best editing software you can get for videos to post on YouTube?
    2. To record from the Xbox 360, what kind of cabling would I need? I know there is a way to do it by buying certain software and using the red yellow and white connections, but is there a way to do it with HDMI?
    Would appreciate any help/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Couple of alternatives out there software wise - CyberLink PowerDirector (my choice), Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe (can't remember the full title). Even Windows has a version. Kinda depends on what you want - how many video / audio tracks are required, what formats you want to work with and export, and so on. Not sure how easy it would be to learn on a cheap one and then move on to another. Seem pretty distinctive at times.

Recording from Xbox - picking up a Hauppauge is a great purchase. Roughly 200e but great quality. Everything needed comes in the box.

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hauppage records in 720p but it should be noted without adapters it uses component not HDMI.

Not that there's any perceivable difference, tbh.

Advertisement