Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lines in Thurles

Options
  • 21-06-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi

Any ideas when the lines in Thurles will be upgraded? I'm living on the Thurles/Holycross road and recently had up to 3mb speed, eircom sent me a letter confirming that they were upgrading me for free to 7mb and the speed promptly dropped to 1.5mb.

I called and checked and they had to drop the speed as the lines are unable to take the higher speeds.. new build with new lines running to the eircom kit near the road so its not an issue within the house/estate but rather with eircom's lines.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

doubtfir3 wrote: »
    Hi

Any ideas when the lines in Thurles will be upgraded? I'm living on the Thurles/Holycross road and recently had up to 3mb speed, eircom sent me a letter confirming that they were upgrading me for free to 7mb and the speed promptly dropped to 1.5mb.

I called and checked and they had to drop the speed as the lines are unable to take the higher speeds.. new build with new lines running to the eircom kit near the road so its not an issue within the house/estate but rather with eircom's lines.

Thanks

Hi doubtfir3,

Can you PM your tel no so I can investigate your query in detail.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Thanks Mark, PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

doubtfir3 wrote: »
    Thanks Mark, PM sent.

Hi doubtfir3,

PM you back thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Any of your neighbours affected ??

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Yes, everyone is the same. The issue appears to be with the quality (age) of the lines which pass the estate rather than cabling issues within the estate.

The line I am connected to connects Holycross to Thurles and while there are a large number of customers who would be connected approx half a mile further in the road, there are a relatively limited number of houses and businesses out near me (approx 150).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This problem is called "crosstalk". If eircom put everyone back where they were ye will get stable 1 or 3mbits or even 7 as before. Just ask eircom for a DSL cabinet further out the Holycross Road from the town centre exchange and ye can all have the full 8 or 24 mbits depending on what they sell in Thurles.

Simples, yer local TD can sort it in a jiffys :)

Advertisement